Well, it seems like it has been forever since my last post. We've had quite a bit going on since then, and I'm just getting around to updating.
Let's see, where do I begin? Evan has really become a "dare devil" over the last couple of weeks. Last week, he spent the night with Sawyer and Griffin on Friday night, then Jarrett on Saturday night, never once contemplating the thought of missing his mommy or daddy! Then, on Tuesday, he decided that he wanted to ride the bus home from school. He was terrified of the bus until Tuesday, and then, for some reason, he was ready. He rode it all week. Dad got him off the bus on Wednesday and took some pictures. I'll try to post those when I get a copy. Finally, today we were at the mall in Louisville and he wanted to bungee jump...no joke...he did! It wasn't bungee jumping off a platform, but jumping on a trampoline with bungee cords to support him. Regardless, it was a big deal for him to want to do it. Shaun and I were both amazed, but he had a great time.
Shaun had an academic team conference (he's the assistant coach at BCMS) this weekend in Louisville so Evan and I tagged along. We spent Thursday and Friday night at the Galt House. We had lots of good food (Spaghetti Factory and Cheesecake Factory) and Shaun and Evan endured shopping at three malls just to make me happy! I found a FABULOUS new kid's store called Crazy 8's. They have really cute clothes and they are very affordable!
The next bit of news I have to report is: We are going to Disney World over Fall Break!!! We've had some hard times the last few days and Shaun decided that we needed something to look forward to. So, last Saturday while I was napping, he booked us a trip! We've been thinking of going for a year now, but always talked ourselves out of it because we couldn't afford it. But, our new philosophy is "live in the present," so even though we need to save this money, we are going to go and enjoy ourselves because we don't ever know what the future holds. Evan is so excited, but I think Shaun and I are the most thrilled about it all! We just watched a DVD they sent us and I almost cried just watching it. :-)
Lastly, without getting into too many details, the last couple of weeks have been less than ideal for our family. However, I am a firm believer that God sends us what we need when we need it. I have made the comment to several people that I think God sent us our latest trial just to show our family how much we love and need each other. Don't get me wrong, I loved Shaun and Evan with all of my heart before this last week, but sometimes we need a little push to get our priorities straight. This week I have realized that I am so very, very blessed! I have the greatest husband on the planet! He is my very best friend, and I realized this week more than ever before, that I simply could not make it in this life without him! I also have the sweetest, most handsome, kind, generous, precious little boy that God ever created! There is nothing in this life that can't be fixed with his smile and kiss. He is my "bear cub" and this week, he has reminded me on more than one occassion that I am "his bear cub too!" Although things don't always work out the way we want them too, it only takes a minute to look around and see all the things God has given us, and I am so thankful for all of them.
Well, now I'm exhausted and weepy! :-) Sorry to be so sentimental. I guess I just needed to get all of that off my chest. There is no way I could start naming names and not forget someone, so I'll just go ahead and say THANK YOU to all those wonderful people who have helped me in any way over the last few days. You know who you are, and I can't thank you enough! I have the best friends and family in the world! I'll try to repay you someday!
Okay, I'm off to wash clothes! Have a great weekend!
Carol
Let's see, where do I begin? Evan has really become a "dare devil" over the last couple of weeks. Last week, he spent the night with Sawyer and Griffin on Friday night, then Jarrett on Saturday night, never once contemplating the thought of missing his mommy or daddy! Then, on Tuesday, he decided that he wanted to ride the bus home from school. He was terrified of the bus until Tuesday, and then, for some reason, he was ready. He rode it all week. Dad got him off the bus on Wednesday and took some pictures. I'll try to post those when I get a copy. Finally, today we were at the mall in Louisville and he wanted to bungee jump...no joke...he did! It wasn't bungee jumping off a platform, but jumping on a trampoline with bungee cords to support him. Regardless, it was a big deal for him to want to do it. Shaun and I were both amazed, but he had a great time.
Shaun had an academic team conference (he's the assistant coach at BCMS) this weekend in Louisville so Evan and I tagged along. We spent Thursday and Friday night at the Galt House. We had lots of good food (Spaghetti Factory and Cheesecake Factory) and Shaun and Evan endured shopping at three malls just to make me happy! I found a FABULOUS new kid's store called Crazy 8's. They have really cute clothes and they are very affordable!
The next bit of news I have to report is: We are going to Disney World over Fall Break!!! We've had some hard times the last few days and Shaun decided that we needed something to look forward to. So, last Saturday while I was napping, he booked us a trip! We've been thinking of going for a year now, but always talked ourselves out of it because we couldn't afford it. But, our new philosophy is "live in the present," so even though we need to save this money, we are going to go and enjoy ourselves because we don't ever know what the future holds. Evan is so excited, but I think Shaun and I are the most thrilled about it all! We just watched a DVD they sent us and I almost cried just watching it. :-)
Lastly, without getting into too many details, the last couple of weeks have been less than ideal for our family. However, I am a firm believer that God sends us what we need when we need it. I have made the comment to several people that I think God sent us our latest trial just to show our family how much we love and need each other. Don't get me wrong, I loved Shaun and Evan with all of my heart before this last week, but sometimes we need a little push to get our priorities straight. This week I have realized that I am so very, very blessed! I have the greatest husband on the planet! He is my very best friend, and I realized this week more than ever before, that I simply could not make it in this life without him! I also have the sweetest, most handsome, kind, generous, precious little boy that God ever created! There is nothing in this life that can't be fixed with his smile and kiss. He is my "bear cub" and this week, he has reminded me on more than one occassion that I am "his bear cub too!" Although things don't always work out the way we want them too, it only takes a minute to look around and see all the things God has given us, and I am so thankful for all of them.
Well, now I'm exhausted and weepy! :-) Sorry to be so sentimental. I guess I just needed to get all of that off my chest. There is no way I could start naming names and not forget someone, so I'll just go ahead and say THANK YOU to all those wonderful people who have helped me in any way over the last few days. You know who you are, and I can't thank you enough! I have the best friends and family in the world! I'll try to repay you someday!
Okay, I'm off to wash clothes! Have a great weekend!
Carol


15 comments:
Okay..so bear with me while I try to type and swipe tears..I love you sooo much and I want you to know that you are in my prayers and I am here for you..I mean it!! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip you are an excellent mother to Evan and he loves you very much!! Love you guys!!!
Hope you guys have a wonderful trip, you deserve it! Sometimes we need to get away and just enjoy what we have!! Love all of you guys so much, and we are here if you need us!
Okay Carol... I can't quit crying! You are so right, we have so much to be thankful for and sometimes it takes trying times to put everything into prespective for us. I have thought about you so many times this week, and your family has been in my prayers. I am so happy you guys are going to Disney World! Hallie wants you to say "Hi" to Ariel for her!
Okay, a shopping trip in Louisville then a surprise trip to Disney... what a great hubby!
Yes, I agree. God gives us situations in our lives that we don't always understand or agree with, but by faith we know that HE is our path and guide. It's great feeling His love. Great reminder. Hang in there. This week is going to be awesome.
BTW: Love Crazy 8!
Crying too!
Love you so much! We all need eachother...more now than ever.
Erica
Very well put! Had a great time tonight and it was so good to see you laughing and smiling : ) You really ARE stronger than you know. Love you so much!
I have missed you! You are such a great friend, wife, and mother...it's only fitting that those who love you help to lift you up when you are down. You would do the same for us! You are still in my prayers and I love you all so much! I am so excited about your trip to Disney World (for all of you)!!
Hi, Carol: Ifound you through Lesley's blog (I'm Eric's sister). Crazy 8 is a spin-off of Gymboree. I shop with them on line and love their stuff, too! Enjoy Disney World! We have been thinking about going, but think we will wait until our litle one is older (she's only 9 months).
Well said, I am wiping my tears too. Have fun in Disney, be safe and know that you have been in our prayers and will continue to be. I love all of my friends that God has put me with. You have a special place in my heart. Love you!
Disney sounds fantastic! I hope you guys enjoy every second!
I'm so glad to hear that you guys are planning a trip. Every time I have been to a Disney theme park it has made me feel like a child again. It really is kind of magical. Hope you all have a blast! Love you all!!
I know what you are going through and I am here if you ever need an ear to vent to. We will keep you and your family in our prayers! Enjoy your trip!
Hope you have a wonderful trip! Say Hi to "Goopy" (goofy) for us...he is Ethan's favorite.
Can't keep the tears away! I know I haven't called or anything, but you are in my prayers! We love you all so much, and we hope you have a great trip! You deserve it! Ella says she we will miss you!
Jax is jealouse of the the Disney trip. I promised to take him when he gets big like Evan! (Ha ha) You and your family are so precious to us! We love you, and I just want you to know how much I admire your strength and views you have even after all you have been through! You are such a role model! :-)
Post a Comment