CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Baby Update

Hi friends! Today was my regularly scheduled doctor's appointment, and I'm happy to report that Elliott is still doing GREAT! When I walked in the office today, Dr. Gass was standing at the counter and said, "Look who looks like a pregnant girl now." Everyone laughed. The truth is I look like a REALLY pregnant girl now, but my weight gain is apparently exactly where it should be and I'm measuring right at 24 weeks. So, I'm going to quit being so hard on myself. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE the fact that I'm getting bigger by the day because a perfectly healthy baby boy is growing away inside my belly, but it just seems like I'm so much bigger so much faster than I was with Evan. I guess that's one of the perks of multiple pregnancies, right? I also got to have the very lovely glucose test today. I haven't heard back from those results yet, but am really hoping they turn out okay so I don't have to do the more intense 3 hour test. I had to do that one with Evan and it was no picnic. We go back to the doctor on July 17th. We get to have a 3D ultrasound done that day. Then, get this, we'll start going every two weeks. WOW!
In case you're wondering, some of you know that I've been having some fainting spells over the last couple of weeks. Dr. Gass had told me that it could be a variety of things from stress (which I've had a lot of lately) to my blood pressure dropping to my thyroid. He wasn't really sure but ordered a battery of tests to rule out everything, including my heart. He told me today that I am "a picture of health." My EKG, Echocardiogram, and blood work came back fine. He's not sure what has caused those spells, but is hopeful that with less stress we'll see fewer of them now.
So, I guess that's all. I just wanted to give you an update and thank you again for all the support you've been to my family and me over the last year. I thank God daily for giving us this opportunity again. I dream about what Elliott will look like and can't wait to hold him for the first time. I certainly don't want to wish the time away, but I can't wait for my baby boy to get here!


10 comments:

Jessica M said...

So glad that Elliott and yourself are doing great! Love you all!

Erica Simpson said...

I can't wait to see what he looks like either!

Terri A. Stice said...

It sounds like to me healthy baby boy #2 will be here before we know it! Can't wait to see the 3D ultra sound to see if he looks like me! Now stop stressing out and relax. I'll stress out enough for the both of us! I promise...trust me I'm REALLY good at it too! Love you!

Heather said...

So glad everything went good at the doctor. Little Elliott will be here before we know it. Relax...and enjoy the summer with Evan!

Emily V. said...

Stress, what stress. I thought we were on Summer Break. Glad you got another good report. I am super excied to meet baby Elliot however when he gets here, that means my little Brooks will have turned a year old. Where has the time gone? So glad things are so good.

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news! God is so good. I am so happy for you and I cannot wait to see the 3-D ultrasound pics. How exciting!

Aimee said...

Glad all is well! The next few months will fly by! I also showed earlier the second time around. I am sure you look lovely...enjoy the time.

Shanna said...

So happy for you!! Take care and enjoy!!

Staffanne said...

Glad things are going good! That sweet baby boy will be here before you know it!

Brittany said...

I love that you "look like a pregnant girl now!". I am so happy for your healthy baby boy and can't wait for him to get here! :) You'll have to update us with pictures when you get the nursery done!

Love you and your baby boys!