Okay, I realize that I am a blogging slacker! Since school ended, it seems like I have been busier than ever! We've had a busy week, so I thought I'd give you a recap.
Last Sunday we met my sister and her husband at Mariah's to celebrate Father's Day early. We're all going to be out of town on the real Father's Day, so we celebrated early. Unfortunately, I have no pictures!
On Tuesdsay, Shaun and I had a much needed date night. He took me to the Grand Ole Opry. I had never been before, so he got tickets when he found out that Carrie Underwood was going to be there. We went early and shopped at Opry Mills before the show. The Opry was great! There were lots of acts there, but the best were Trace Adkins, Little Big Town, and Carrie Underwood. We had a blast...mostly just being together. My only complaint...it was HOT outside before we were able to go in. Shaun even told them about my "condition" to see if I could just get in the door where it was cool, and they wouldn't let me. Thankfully, a nice lady gave me a fan that did the trick!
I took a lot of pictures during the Opry but they need to be edited, so this one of Shaun and me will have to do!
On Thursday, Lesley and I had a girls' day out. We had lunch at Rafferty's (my current favorite) and then had pedicures. We had such a great time! We're together a lot, but it's usually with the rest of our families. It was nice to get some girl time in!
On Friday, I had lunch with some very special gal pals of mine, Valerie and Brittany. Valerie is my friend that I met at Chick-fil-A last year! We love to tell the story of how we met. It's so ironic, but she's turned out to be a great friend and I'm so glad our paths crossed. Brittany and I met via the blog world. She and I had both been through some hard times and found strength in each other. Shaun makes fun of me for blogging so much, but it has been a great way to make and build lasting friendships. Long story longer, Brittany and Valerie are friends from WKU. So, since I'm finally out of school, we got together and gabbed while the kiddos played. FUN times!
Today has been fairly uneventful. Evan and I did venture out to Hallie's birthday party this afternoon. I spent the remainder of the day cooking for homecoming tomorrow before heading to church tonight.
Sorry that this post is a little rambly. Nothing too exciting to talk about, but at least I can say I've posted something now! Hope everyone has a great Sunday!



4 comments:
Whew! I'm tired just reading about it:) Sounds like a fun week though. Nathan is jealous that Shaun got to see Carrie Underwood.
Girls day out was so much fun! I think we should do it EVERY thursday for the rest of the summer!
Carrie Underwood and shopping at Opry Mills sounds wonderful! GDO is also a treat. Sounds like a great week to me!
Glad you seem to be doing well with baby Elliott!! Sounds like the Opry was a blast!!
Post a Comment