CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 15, 2010

5 Months Old

My Little Angel,

I cannot believe that you are 5 months old today! A month from now we'll be celebrating your half birthday!  I wish there was some sort of "slow motion" button I could push so I could make time slow down.  You are growing up way too fast!  The sleepless nights, being woken up by your sweet grunting, and newborn diapers have been replaced with giggles, coos, and baby food!  I know from experience that this baby stage doesn't last long enough, so your daddy and I are trying hard to sit back and enjoy every second!

This month has left our house with lots and lots and lots of sickness!  After your stay in the hospital with RSV, it seems like it's been one illness after another.  First it was a cold, then it was a double ear infection, then Evan got sick, and now you're back on nebulizer treatments.  It makes me so sad that you've been sick so much, but thankfully I've had lots of snow days so I've been able to stay home and take care of you.  One thing is for sure, you and me...we are tight!  I love you more than words can say, and since you can't quite talk yet, that sweet smile of yours and your grunts and screams for me to pick you up tell me that you feel exactly the same way about me! You've even learned to make the "m" sound when you cry. I think that must mean that you're gifted! :-)

You have always been crazy about your big brother, but this month you seem to be more aware of him.  He can simply enter the room and you just light up.  He's a great babysitter.  He sits and talks to you while Mommy gets ready and you absolutely love it!  You're also quite fond of your Daddy. We all feel so very lucky to have you as a part of our family! None of us can get enough of you.

You have made some big strides this month. You now weigh 18 pounds and 13 ounces and are nearly 27 inches long.  I'm hoping you can fit in your carrier for another month.  You are wearing 6-9 month clothes because you are so long!  You absolutely positively LOVE your Bumbo seat; I don't know what we'd do without it.  You are also attempting to "play" with toys like rattles and keys now.  You have almost figured out how to hold on to them while chewing on them all at the same time...almost!  Another milestone this month is that you've decided to LOVE your pacifier!  That might be because you are teething like crazy.  In fact, today we can actually see your first tooth fixing to break through. I'll be so glad when it does...maybe you'll feel better.

My most favorite thing about you this month is your sweet laugh.  When I change your diaper I tickle your belly and you laugh out loud now.  It is the funniest thing; so much so that it typically draws all of us into your bedroom so we can all share in the laughter! You truly are a happy baby.  You are also a very good-natured baby...most of the time.  We are so very lucky to have you!

Hopefully by next month you'll have a tooth and be rolling over more consistently (you've only done it twice). We're also working on letting you fall asleep on your own since you are going to start going to day care a couple of days a week in March. (However, I secretly hope you always want me to rock you.)

You have changed our lives in such a wonderful way over the last 5 months. It's hard to imagine life without you in it!  I hope we can always show you how very special you are to us and how lucky we feel that God chose us to be your family!  I'll spend my whole life trying to repay Him.

I love you angel,
Mommy

9 comments:

Lesley said...

Wish I could here his sweet laugh right now! I love the picture of him on his tummy with his head all raised up - so cute!

Enjoy yet another day with all of your guys!

Melissa said...

And I love you too, Elliott, just about as much as Mommy!!!

Wanda May said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wanda May said...

I love you Elliot and Evan means a whole lot to me too....you both are very special boys....love you so much

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

Such a sweet post! You're right. Wouldn't it be so nice to have a slow motion button? He is such a handsome little fella!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful mama, Carol. Elliott is just as fortunate to have you for a mama as you are to have him for a son. He truly is a God-sent blessing for your family!

DeAnna said...

Love the picture. He is growing up so quick!

Staffanne said...

So precious!

Alicia Jane said...

He is tooooo stinkin' cute!!