CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Busy Week

Okay, I'm sorry it's been so long since I updated my blog. I just honestly haven't had much to blog about. I guess no news is good news, right? Anyway, we have had a good (and busy) week. On Monday I decided that after school I would come home, put my pjs on, make a pot of chili, and lay on the couch for the rest of the night. As I was pulling in the garage, Evan says, "But Mommy, I fot (thought) we were going to Wera's (Lera's) shop to get our hair cut today." I reply, "Why would you think that?" Evan's response: "Vat's what Jawwet said." So, I look in the rearview mirror because I judge my need for a haircut by the look of my eyebrows. They look terrible, so I start to think that maybe Evan is right. I called Lera and sure enough...our appointment was at 4:30. I told her to start telling Jarrett every time we have an appointment! :-) Since my couch plans were cancelled on Monday, I decided to move them to Tuesday. However, just as I got home I got a call from Emily wanting to know if Evan and I could watch baby Brooks for a little while. Obviously, spending time with that angel was way more exciting than laying on the couch, so Evan and I took out to Smiths Grove. As we walked in the door Evan said to Emily, "Well, this is a special day." I think he enjoyed being with the baby even more than I did. We've decided that it's going to be our weekly ritual! I did get my chili made Wednesday! :-) Thursday night, we went to Pizza Hut and Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate Noah's 5th birthday! We had a great time! Friday we got to stay home due to an unexpected "snow" day. Lesley started texting me at 5:15 about the possibility of school being cancelled. Once it was confirmed, we decided to meet at McDonald's for breakfast! It was way more fun than being at school! :-) Friday night we met the Cassadys at Buckhead for dinner. Evan LOVES the "gwels" as he so lovingly calls them! I laughed and said that I'd never spent such a long time eating dinner at Buckhead, but we had a fun time. We had dinner and then dessert! I highly recommend their turtle cheesecake. Finally, tonight Whitney and I met Katie and Emily in Bowling Green for a Girls' Night Out. After watching Whitney try on bridesmaids' dresses (she's in a wedding in June) we ate at Red Lobster. We had a great time just talking and laughing. So, as you can see, we've had a busy week but have gotten to spend most of it with great friends! Enjoy the pictures!



Sweet Baby Brooks!


Evan loving on Brooks...he's not asleep, just enjoying the moment!


Me and Brooks


Evan, Noah, and Macy.

Me, Katie, Whitney, and Emily

12 comments:

Staffanne said...

Sounds like you had a great week! Don't you just love "Girl's" Night Out. I am due one real soon! Kyle and I made an agreement that since he goes and plays ball with the "guys" on Tues. nights that I get to have a "girls" night too. It is just so busy being a mommy and juggling everything, but friendships are just something you have to make time for (they are so important)!

Heather said...

I'm glad you had such a good week. Sounds like Evan did too. I need Evan around here to remind me of things I'm suppose to do. I'm always relying on the boys to remind me of things.

Lesley said...

You forgot to mention our trip to McDonald's for breakfast Friday morning! It's the only place I have been in 48 hours so it is a weekend highlight to me!!!

Anonymous said...

I had such a blast with you guys! I guess it is one of the first times I have been out with good friends without Jaxen! I desperately needed it, and we need to get together more often! Sorry Carol for the late birthday dinner! We love you and your family so much!!!!!!!

Julie said...

Looks like fun! I told Kish that I need a night out!!!

Erica Simpson said...

Looks like tons of fun-and so busy!

Emily V. said...

So glad you came to play with Brooks. He loves his aunt Carol. Anytime you want to come or feel the need to squeeze on him just call me. There is always a load of laundry that I'm dying to get my hands on....
Had a blast at the Lobster. It was good to compare stories and laugh about good times. Hopefully we'll see ya this week. Love you all....

The Stice's said...

Looks like you had a good week! It's always fun to have a "girls night"!

Shanna said...

Looks like a fun filled week!!

Alicia Jane said...

I love weeks filled with lots of fun! Girls nights are the best!

Whitney said...

I had a great time, thanks for being a great friend!

Love,
Whit

Terri A. Stice said...

Hummmm a night spent on the couch in PJs....sounds like the kind of night I need. I think I might try to get me one of those before too long.