CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

GNO and Ellie Claire

Well, it seems that I am a little behind on my blogging. I guess you could say it's been another busy week! I'll begin with last Saturday night. Several of us girls got together and ate at Buckhead then watched Bride Wars. We had such a great time, talking and laughing...and crying, in my case. I can't think of the last movie I watched that didn't make me cry. Literally, I cry at every movie I see, even if it's a comedy. I know, it's crazy, but it's true. This movie was no exception. It was so good, but of course, it made me cry. Then, usually when I am sobbing at a movie I get tickled at myself which just makes me cry harder. I guess you had to be there, but we laughed a lot! Thanks girls for the great time. I can't wait 'til next month!
On Monday, Lesley called from her doctor's appointment to tell me that Dr. Davis was sending her to the hospital. I have never been more upset than to think that she was going to have this baby without me being there. (Of course, Ellie Claire would postpone her arrival until an ice storm hits.) Anyway, my wonderful husband promised he would get me there, so we were on our way. A short time later, sweet little Ellie Claire made her arrival! I can't even express how special it was to see her for the first time. Lesley and I have talked (and worried) about her arrival every single day since the day she found out she was expecting her, and it was just so moving to finally see my dear friend get what she had hoped and prayed for for so long! Since the ice was coming, we left the hospital before we got to hold her, so Stephanie and I decided we could brave the ice long enough to go for a visit on Tuesday. That's right, we're just like the postal service. Neither rain, snow, sleet, or ice can keep us from our friend in the hospital! :-) After a quick trip to Riley's for the essential "I just had a baby" box of goodies, we finally got to hold her! She is just so sweet and I can't wait to spoil her rotten.

Today, Evan woke up with an earache so playing in the snow was out. My pediatrician's office was closed today, so we made a quick trip to the Quick Care Clinic. Sure enough, he has his FIRST ear infection at nearly 5 years old. Thankfully, she gave us some liquid gold (aka: ear drops) and he's feeling better already.

It looks like this weather may knock us out of school for the rest of the week. It's kind of nice now, but it won't be during spring break! Hope everyone is having a great week! Enjoy the pictures!

Staffanne, me, Allie, Emily, Stephanie, Alicia, and Lesley at Buckhead before the movie!

I've waited so long to hold her!

What a sweetheart!

Two of the best friends a girl could ask for. (and Ellie Claire)

10 comments:

Erica Simpson said...

She is absolutely beautiful!

Lesley said...

Carol, speaking of crying - you have me taking around right here as I sit here in the hospital bed!
You are the BEST : ) I'll never think back on this pregnancy without thinking about all the things you talked me through! Someday, I'll do my best to pay you back!!

Stephanie said...

You almost made me cry....what a sweet post! You are the best....you left out the part about falling electric lines:)

Brooke said...

I'm glad you have had a good week. I am so happy that you and Lesley are so close and could share so much.

Jessica M said...

Looks like the girls night out was lots of fun! Ellie Claire is so sweet! I can't wait to hold her! Glad that Evan is feeling somewhat better!

Staffanne said...

We had a great time. I am looking forward to next month! Ellie is so sweet.

Shanna said...

Sweet post!!

Stewarts' said...

She is a doll isn't she?

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

Ellie Claire is beautifl!! I know you guys are so glad she is finally here. Glad you enjoyed your GNO. Those are always so fun. Have fun during your break from school:)

Anonymous said...

Awww...so sweet! I had such a good time; looking forward to our next girls night out :) Also, Ellie Claire is beautiful! I am a bit jealous that you got to see her; I can't wait!