CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's a BOY!!!!

It's official! Peanut is a BOY! Not just any boy...he's a perfectly, wonderfully, healthy baby boy!
Evan, Mom, and Sandy accompanied us to the ultrasound. The minute we walked in the room Evan started asking, "What is it?" The ultrasound tech was WONDERFUL with him and answered his million questions. When she finally told Evan that he was having a brother, he jumped up and down and said, "Yes, I win. I was wight (right)!" It was priceless! The ultrasound was great! We got to see all of his parts, his organs, even his aorta pumping blood. WOW! God is great! It's amazing to me how intricately made we all are and how God planned it all out perfectly!

After the ultrasound, Shaun and I made a quick run to Chatter's so I could buy our baby boy his first outfit! I saw it instantly! It's a baby blue jon jon with a big white collar (perfect for monogramming). I got him a tiny pair of knee socks to match and a "Baby Brother" bib too!

We could not be happier to be welcoming a second baby boy into our family! Evan is such a blessing and he and I are the very best of friends. I can't imagine anything better than having two little boys running around and referring to me as MOMMY! What a great feeling!

By the way, I know you're wondering about his name. Baby #2 will be named Elliott Daniel! Elliott was one of our favorite names when we were expecting Evan, so we decided to use it if baby #2 was a boy. Daniel was my grandfather's name. I never got the chance to meet him, but I figure anyone who was responsible for helping to make my mom into the person she is today, is worthy of having his great grandson named after him, right? And, Shaun's best friend in the entire world has always been Adam Cassady, whose middle name just happens to be Daniel. So, it's a winning name either way! Doesn't it have a nice ring to it? Elliott Daniel Stice! I can almost see him now! :-)



16 comments:

Erica Simpson said...

I am crying again!~ Good heavens! I am so thankful and excited for you and Shaun. Evan is going to be a wonderful big brtoher.

Shanna said...

Congrats!! Very sweet post!!

Wanda May said...

Oh Carol, so thankful, (even tho I was wrong) ((one time when I do not mind and I am sure you don't either)).. Cannot wait to meet Elliot, but you tell Evan, he will always be my bestest!!!! Tell him to come and see me at Minit Mart and I will fix him a HUGE cookie....So happy for you..and Shaun...and Evan..and Brenda....lol and me

Susie said...

Congratulations Carol! You will enjoy every single minute of being a mom to two wonderful boys. I know I sure do!

Heather said...

I'm so excited for you. I'm sure Evan and Elliott will be doing the same thing my two are doing right now....giggling in bed when they're supposed to be sleeping.

Sarah said...

A little baby boy...I am so happy for you all. What a lucky little baby to be born into such a wonderful family! Congratulations...can't wait to meet him!

The Stice's said...

We are SOOOOO excited!! I cannot wait to hold baby Elliot and I know Olivia will love him just as much as she loves Evan! :)

Brooke said...

Wonderful news! So glad that things are perfect! Congratulations to you all!

Emily V. said...

Congrats to you all. We just knew it was a boy. I just had a feeling. Glad everything was perfect, can't wait for Elliot and Brooks to be good buddies. Love you all!

Valerie said...

OH Carol! I was jumping up and down when I saw your text today. I'm so happy for y'all. AND YES!!! Elliot Daniel is a great name! I'll be glad to monogram anything you'd like anytime!

jparsley said...

Perfect baby, perfect name, perfect day!!! Congratulations!!!

Terri A. Stice said...

Yeah! I love little boys! They are precious! Most of all I'm thankful he is "perfect"! I expected nothing less. I love you all! Congratulations!

Christina said...

Congratulations! I am sure Evan will be a great big brother. And even with only 3 weeks experience I can tell you that having two is wonderful!

Aimee said...

Congratulations! Love his name!

Anonymous said...

I am sooo happy for you and your family. I can't wait to see Baby Elliott in person too! Evan is going to love having a little brother to play with!

DeAnna said...

You will love being a mommy to two little boys! It gets loud and messy sometimes with so many boys around here, but it is a lot of fun!