CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I think that each Mother's Day that I celebrate gets more and more special! This year was just great! On Friday night, we took Sandy to Outback to celebrate. She had told us that she wanted to go to Mariah's, however, when we got in the car, Evan so sweetly said, "Gwanna, I was finking, and I would weally wike to eat at Ouback." So, guess what...we ended up at Outback! :-) We had a great time! After we left there, Shaun and Evan took me to the mall and bought me lots of maternity clothes. The best part...neither of them fussed the entire time we were shopping! Sunday, after church, my sister came up and we had lunch at Mom and Dad's. Shaun grilled steaks and they were absolutely delicious. Jen hadn't been up since Christmas, so we had a wonderful time just sitting around and catching up!

As you can see, we didn't have any "over the top" plans, but I just got to hang out with my family, and most importantly, my sweet angels, Evan and Baby #2. The baby didn't want to go unnoticed. Friday night was the beginnings of full-force kicks from this precious gift growing inside of me. Prior to that, I had felt quick flutters, but Friday night, Shaun could even feel those sweet little kicks! Life truly doesn't get any better than this. I am so thankful for my many blessings!

By the way, check back Thursday. Hopefully, we'll get to find out what our peanut is and I can finally quit calling it "it."

P.S. I just realized that I left my camera at Mom's. I'll post pics ASAP!

7 comments:

Erica Simpson said...

I can't wait to find out!

Heather said...

Happy (late) Mother's Day, Carol! Evan and "Peanut" are very lucky to have such a great Mom. Can't wait to see you soon!

Shanna said...

Glad your Mother's Day was great!

Lesley said...

Love the new header : )

I may just have to take off Thursday and be there! I don't think I'll be able to stand the wait at school!!!

Brittany said...

Can't wait for Thursday!!!!!!! My guess is a girl! :) We'll see.....

I love that you are feeling KICKS now! What a miracle!

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

I can't wait until Thursday! I know you guys are so excited!

Brittany said...

Baby BOY Elliot!!!! I am sooooo excited for you! :) This baby boy is going to be so blessed to have you as a mommy! ARen't brothers the best? I can understand your happiness for Evan....he will have a best friend forever! Yeah for little boys!!!!!

My phone died yesterday - so I didn't get your message until late last night! Ugrh!