This week, we got scare #1 with baby #2. When I went in for my last appointment, I had blood drawn for my triple screen test. This test screens for my likelihood of carrying a baby with Trisomy 18, Spina Bifida, and Down's Syndrome. Last Monday night, at 6:32 p.m. while standing in the cheese aisle of Wal-Mart, I got a call from Dr. Gass giving me the results. While my screens for Trisomy 18 and Spina Bifida came back fine, my screen for Down's came back abnormal. At that moment, everything got fuzzy, and even though he was trying to be reassuring, all I heard was that he wanted me to go to Vanderbilt for a level 2 ultrasound as soon as possible to follow up on these results. Now, keep in mind that I knew the odds of this were definitely in my favor, but to say that I was scared out of mind, doesn't quite sum it up. We decided that we wouldn't tell everyone, because we didn't want to scare our friends and family over nothing. What we did do, though, was pray, pray, pray that God would take care of our peanut. We've been through far too much, and I knew that after all of that, God wouldn't leave us now!
A week after praying, crying, googling, and worrying, our appointment at Vanderbilt was today. I am so thrilled to report that OUR BABY IS PERFECTLY HEALTHY!!!!!!!!! I couldn't help but cry during the entire ultrasound. All its parts are there, all the way down to ten fingers and ten toes. The ultrasound was very thorough, measuring every square inch of the baby's body. Our little peanut (though it was too stubborn to show us its gender) showed no sign of the normal markings for Down's Syndrome, and as the radiologist reported, "there is nothing outside of normal." THANK YOU GOD!
So, that's it in a nutshell! GOD IS GOOD!!!!!! I owe Him more today than I did yesterday, and intend to spend the rest of my life trying to repay Him! We have our "big" ultrasound in BG on May 14th, so hopefully Peanut will decide to reveal its gender to us then! I would've loved to have found out today, but as you can imagine, I was not disappointed with the news we were able to get!
A week after praying, crying, googling, and worrying, our appointment at Vanderbilt was today. I am so thrilled to report that OUR BABY IS PERFECTLY HEALTHY!!!!!!!!! I couldn't help but cry during the entire ultrasound. All its parts are there, all the way down to ten fingers and ten toes. The ultrasound was very thorough, measuring every square inch of the baby's body. Our little peanut (though it was too stubborn to show us its gender) showed no sign of the normal markings for Down's Syndrome, and as the radiologist reported, "there is nothing outside of normal." THANK YOU GOD!
So, that's it in a nutshell! GOD IS GOOD!!!!!! I owe Him more today than I did yesterday, and intend to spend the rest of my life trying to repay Him! We have our "big" ultrasound in BG on May 14th, so hopefully Peanut will decide to reveal its gender to us then! I would've loved to have found out today, but as you can imagine, I was not disappointed with the news we were able to get!


17 comments:
I am sooo happy that you got good news today, and you know for sure that your precious baby really is perfect! Maybe now you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy, while you grow a precious little angel inside your belly. I hope you got some ultrasound pics today!
I am so thankful for your wonderful news. God is so good!
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!! I am sorry you had to suffer through the scare, but I am thrilled that all is well!
So glad that all is good! God always takes care of us!! We love little peanut so much already!!!
I am so glad you received good news. I am definitely a believer that prayer can change things! Can't wait to hear whether Peanut is a girl or boy!!
Oh Carol, I am so thankful everything is okay. I can't wait to find out what this baby is!!
So glad today is behind you and we can get on with this pregnancy!!! Carol, IT IS TIME TO UNPACK THE CLOTHES, seriously!!
If you have not done so already, be sure to go over to Kelly's Korner and watch the video she posted today. Loved it - made me so thankful!!
Carol, I am so happy that you received such wonderful news!! What a blessing to know your baby is healthy!
Oh I am in tears. I had no idea this was all going on. I love you all so much and I can't wait to meet whatever PEANUT turns out to be. God is such an amazing God and we owe him everything. So happy to hear your news.
Great news. I have a friend who had a false positive with the Down's test and ended up worrying the entire pregnancy for nothing. I opted not to even have it with Ava. We figured we would get what God wanted us to have. Can't wait to hear what you're having!
I am so happy for you! God is good is an understatement sometimes. I can't wait to find out wheather it is a boy or girl although I am sure what ever it is will be beautiful!!
I'm so sorry that you've been going through this. Whew. How scary. GOD is good! He is taking care of your little miracle. Can't wait until the 14th!!
I'm so sorry you had such a scare! But YES...God is GREAT ALL THE TIME!! I look forward to hearing what your little peanut is also. I hope that you will be able to enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy without any further complications. Love ya!!
I hate that you had to worry, I had a similar scare with Emma, had to go to Vandy, do another ultrasound, but as in this case all was great!!
Wonderful news!
Yeah, Praise God! I am so happy for you and your good news! A very healthy baby is on his/her way to your arms very soon!!!!!
I am so glad you got good news.
Post a Comment