CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 17, 2009

Could This REALLY be Happening?

Okay, so I know that most of you probably don't want to hear all the ins and outs of this much-wanted pregnancy, but it's my blog, right? And, at this point in my life, this is about as big as it gets, so if you don't want to indulge me, now would be the time to stop reading. :-)
Yesterday was my 15 week check-up. Most of you know that we have really struggled with having a child over the past year, so to say that I've been nervous about all of this is an understatement. So, anyway, I went yesterday, silently begging God that things would be okay the entire way to Bowling Green. Thank you God...everything was, as Dr. Gass likes to say, "Perfect." The nurse found that sweet, sweet heartbeat after about 10 seconds (though it seemed like 10 minutes), I measured exactly on target, and apparently, this might actually happen!?!?! I'm sure to those of you who have never had "trials" in having a child, that seems crazy. But I think that I have been so guarded through all of this, that I have always secretly wondered in the back of my mind if this was really happening. Is God really giving me another child? Can I really let my heart and mind start to believe that we are going to get a second shot at this?
After telling all my fears and ailments (there seem to be a lot of them this go 'round) to Dr. Gass, he began reassuring me as only he can. I left there yesterday afternoon thinking that maybe, just maybe, this really IS happening! I guess God knew I needed a little bit more of a nudge, so to beat it all, I am 99.9% sure that I felt the baby for the first time today. It happened three times in a row and it was such a WONDERFUL feeling. I had almost forgotten how special it is to feel that.
So, I'm not exactly sure why I felt compelled to get all that off my chest, but you guys are my friends, and I just wanted to share my rollercoaster of emotions with you. Tomorrow, I'm going to unpack maternity clothes and actually hang them in the closet because it appears that I'm going to need them for a while! :-) Thanks for all your prayers. Please keep them coming!
OOH....I almost forgot! We scheduled our ultrasound for May 14th at 3:30! Only 3 weeks and 6 days until we can start calling "it" by a real name! YAY!

18 comments:

Lesley said...

Take it from the queen of denial - you are really going to have a real baby! It seems life really can be better than anyone ever deserves!

We are so happy for you all and can't wait to love on your sweet baby!

Stephanie said...

I thought I was the queen of denial???? What a sweet post. You totally summed up what everyone goes thru at one point in the pregnancy. I can't wait to find out if "it" is a boy or girl. I especially can't wait to meet "it"---I'd even come thru a ice storm with falling power lines to be there!ha!

The Stice's said...

Can't wait! We are so excited to meet "Yella"! :)

Erica Simpson said...

Crying again right now!

I love you and we will love this baby so much!

Anonymous said...

God knows just what we need! I am so excited you felt the baby move! You are not crazy, just honest about your feelings. I just hope your joy will overcome your worries and you can enjoy this pregnancy, while you are growing a sweet, healthy baby. I love ya and I can't wait to meet this perfect little angel!

Heather said...

How exciting! Isn't that such an amazing feeling to feel that little flutter inside?! Can't wait till your ultrasound!!

Brandie said...

Such a sweet post..I am so happy for you and I remember the first movement too...so exciting.....you're making me want one so bad!! In fact after I had Lane I actually missed those kicks...:)

Jessica M said...

We are so excited for you!!!! Can't wait to know what the baby will be!

Shanna said...

Beautiful post!! Those first kicks do make it more "real"!!

The Browning's said...

we are so happy for you and your family. Love you-
Audrey

Briana said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations!

Wanda May said...

God is good. Cannot wait to see Ms. Angel Girl, I am so excited. Share some names with us. Love ya

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for baby "it"...though I have yet to vote on if it is a boy or girl...I just can't decide. I WANT you to have a girl...but I don't really get a vibe for you! Are you sure there aren't two?? (Not a funny joke huh?) Anyways, I love you so much and I just can't wait to hear the news! Did I mention that I could eat Evan's cheeks off? He is so sweet singing at church! Love Ya'll!

Brittany said...

yes, it is really happening......and yes, we are all so happy for you! :) can't wait to find out what Lil' Bit is!!


talk to you soon,
your LLS (long lost sis)

Valerie said...

What a blessing! You're having a baby! I'm so happy for you!!!!

Oh, and I'm glad that you and Brittany have connected.... Aren't blogs cool that way?!?!

DeAnna said...

So happy for you all! Can't wait to hear what the baby is.

Staffanne said...

Loved this post! So happy for your family! There is nothing like having that little person growing inside of you. I always know your pregnant when I see the Sprite come out. Can't wait to find out what it is!

Brittany said...

I'm 15 weeks this week - and I remember your post about how you were thinking "Is this really happening?" I feel the same way - I am so thankful to make it to this point, and now I am starting to get really, really excited - less nervous.

Love this post!!!