This was Evan's fourth week of Kindergarten and was it ever special! He was chosen as this week's Star Student. This meant that he got a bulletin board that was all about him, to lead the line everywhere they went, a special seat during rug time, and to bring in a special Show and Tell on Friday! I can't tell you how excited he has been every day about his special week. I've always known he was a star, but I'm so glad that he got to feel like one this week!
Here is a picture of the bulletin board in his classroom.
On Tuesday, Grammy came to eat lunch with the Star!
She also read a story to the class!
He brought in his red Corvette for Show and Tell.
Showing his car to all of his classmates!
Evan and Mrs. LesleyI have to stop and say how thankful I am that Evan has Mrs. Lesley as his teacher. I was just telling Lesley how funny I think it is that he loves her so much. I only say that because we are with Lesley and her family on a weekly basis. He has known and loved her all of his life; I didn't expect their relationship to change once he was in her room. However, he just sees her differently now. He comes home every single day and tells me (almost word for word) the conversations that they have had throughout the day. He can't wait to get to school every morning and I know it's because he has such a great teacher! I didn't think I could love her more either, but somehow, seeing her with my baby every day has made that happen!
On a completely different note, I went to the doctor yesterday. After telling him about all the pains I've been having over the last two weeks, he decided that maybe he should check to see if I was progressing at all. At 34 weeks, I have started to dilate. I was in somewhat of a panic, but Dr. Gass assured me that everything was fine. He said that he didn't expect Elliott to arrive for a few more weeks, but that he also didn't think he'd wait til October to arrive. I'm still having lots of contractions and get tired very easily, so I'm going to try and take it easy and hope that Elliott doesn't make his big arrival until he's developmentally ready. We go back next Friday to see if there is any change!
On a completely different note, I went to the doctor yesterday. After telling him about all the pains I've been having over the last two weeks, he decided that maybe he should check to see if I was progressing at all. At 34 weeks, I have started to dilate. I was in somewhat of a panic, but Dr. Gass assured me that everything was fine. He said that he didn't expect Elliott to arrive for a few more weeks, but that he also didn't think he'd wait til October to arrive. I'm still having lots of contractions and get tired very easily, so I'm going to try and take it easy and hope that Elliott doesn't make his big arrival until he's developmentally ready. We go back next Friday to see if there is any change!
Hope you all have a great weekend!



4 comments:
Carol, seeing your mom reading to the class brought back memories of my own elementary years :o) Your Evan seems like such a sweet little boy, and I hope that Elliott waits a little longer to make his arrival.
I can't wait to see Elliot!
I love our Momma!
Don't ya just love Dr Gass?! Congrats Evan!!
Great job Evan. We can't wait to meet little Elliot. Lesley is pretty special.
Post a Comment