CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our 9 Year Anniversary

Today Shaun and I are celebrating our 9 year wedding anniversary! He is still out of school, and to my surprise, he showed up at my school today with a dozen roses and lunch for the two of us. How sweet is that?
My gorgeous flowers!
Eating our "romantic" lunch in the conference room at school! :-)
I swear, it seems like it was just yesterday that we were celebrating #8. As I think back to last year when I wrote this post, I realize that at that time I had no idea what this last year would hold for us. I didn't know we'd suffer a second heartbreaking miscarriage, that we'd have our dream family vacation to Disney World, or that God would bless us enough to be parents again, but those are just a few of the highlights of our 9th year of marriage.
Shaun and I laugh all the time because we've literally been together for half of our lives. We started dating 15 years ago...and believe you me, we've learned a lot about each other in those 15 years! :-) Over those 15 years, and especially over the last 9, I have learned that I am lucky enough to be married to my very best friend. Shaun is the one person in the world that knows every single thing about me...the good, the bad, and the ugly. He is the one person who really gets me. We've been through a lot of good times and a lot of hard times in the history of our relationship, and I can honestly say that the most important thing I've learned over the last 15 years, and especially over the last few years, is that Shaun is always the first person to rejoice in my happiness, and the last one holding me through the sorrows of life. He truly is my rock...in the good and the bad. And, even though I realize that today, as I write this, I do not know what our 10th year of marriage will hold, I do know that a year from now, we'll be able to say that we got through it together!
I love that song that Brad Paisley sings that says "I Thought I Loved You Then." It does seem that just when I think I can't love him more, I go and fall even more in love with him. I am so thankful that God put us together. He is a wonderful husband and an even greater Daddy! My boys and I are very lucky to have him in our lives!
And, just in case you wanted to see wedding pictures...here you go! :-)
August 5, 2000


P.S. Sorry to be so sappy. Remember, I'm really pregnant! :-)

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! How sweet:)

Brittany said...

Ah! Congrats!!!!!! I love the pictures! Thanks for posting them!

I love that Shaun in your "rock" because I feel the same way about Blake - what lucky women we are!

Happy Anniversary! :)

Terri A. Stice said...

Wow! You are one "sappy" chick! Congratulations to the two of you and I wish you many more to come!

Staffanne said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are a sweet couple. I can relate to you guys being together half of your life; however, we can say it just keeps getting better! I remember your wedding day as if it was yesterday. Hope you have many more wonderful years together.

Wanda May said...

So happy for you all...

Anonymous said...

Very sweet post! I know what you mean about your hubby being your very best friend. We are so blessed! Have a great time celebrating your anniversary this weekend!

Heather said...

Sappy is good sometimes:o) I remember your wedding very well. It was beautiful. Happy Anniversary!!

The Browning's said...

happy anniversary!!! Hey its ok to be sappy every now and then.

Emily V. said...

Happy Anniversary. I remember the day very well. Too sweet.

Brooke said...

Such a sweet post!! Congrats!

Valerie said...

LOVE sappy posts!! Congratulations on 9 years!

Brittany said...

dying for an update here!! j/k!!
miss you!! :) hope all is well!!