CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Month Sure Changes Things...

Today marks Elliott's one month birthday! I hope you enjoy the pictures of our precious angel! I have also decided to "try" to write Elliott a quick note on his monthly "birthdays." I think this will be a special keepsake for him when he's older!




Elliott Daniel,
Today marks one month since you entered our lives, and one month since my heart grew twice its size. I often wondered before you were born if I could truly love another baby like I loved your big brother. Everyone told me that I could, and sure enough, the moment that I saw your sweet face and heard your cry, my life was forever changed. I now wake up every morning and live for two sweet little boys that God saw fit to let me borrow for a while. So many people ask me if I wanted a little girl; they obviously don’t know how special the bond between a mommy and her little boy is, or they wouldn’t be asking such a silly question. You are EVERYTHING I ever wanted. I love the way you wake up grunting. I love to feel your breath on my neck when I hold you on my shoulder. I love the way the back of your hair sticks straight up. I love the way you try so hard to hold your pacifier in your mouth all by yourself. I love the way you think you can hold your head up without any assistance. I love that I can now tell the difference between your mad cry, your hungry cry, your change my diaper cry, and your please hold me cry. I love that no matter how angry or sad you are, you instantly calm down when I pick you up. I love that my singing makes you stop crying. I even love our late night feedings. Like I said, I love everything about you!

When I think back to this time in my life last year, I can only remember how sad I was. I wanted a baby so much that my arms ached to hold one. What I didn’t know was that God wanted me to have you, and all the heartache that I had to endure was just part of the process of getting you here. And today, on your one month birthday, I am SO THANKFUL that God knew what I needed, and that He sent me you! You were definitely worth the wait!

Thanks for making our lives complete!
Mommy

11 comments:

Lesley said...

Good grief!!! You have me bawling! You said it all perfectly! My heart can relate to every word of what you were saying. Wondering if you'll love the second like the first, and goodness knows I will remember the hurt and ache that comes along with wanting a baby so badly! Loved this post!

The Stice's said...

It's perfect, as is he! Happy one month birthday Elliott!

Emily V. said...

Super sweet words. There's nothing like the love a little boy can give. He is super precious.

Erica Simpson said...

Crying!

Wanda May said...

Well heck fire Carol Ann, you make us feel, or me rather like a total ninkapoop for not writing them special words for my "baby" boy when he was Little Man's age. Thanks for making me feel incomplete....jk. You did bring back so many precious memories...and you are so right about the boy/girl thing. Would not trade my boy for all the gold in the world.

Stephanie said...

I can't belive he's already a month old! What a sweet, sweet letter!....even if it did make me cry:)

Melissa said...

Sniff, sniff! Your words are beautiful and will surely be a treasure for Elliott when he's older. God took his time crafting a perfectly precious baby boy that not only expanded your heart, but those who are blessed to have him be a part of their life, too. I love the Stice Family of Four!!

Jessica M said...

Well said! I am crying as I read it! Love you all!

Staffanne said...

Crying...Crying...Crying! Words that sweet baby boy can always treasure. Loved this post!

Julie said...

So sweet!

Brittany said...

Tears, tears......tears of joy. what a miracle!