I have had a fantastic Mother's Day! I woke up this morning realizing how much I have to be thankful for! I have two wonderfully healthy baby boys that are the light of my life; the reason I get out of bed in the morning. I also have, in my eyes, the best Mom in the world! I can't imagine my life without any of them in it, and I'm so very, very glad that God chose me to be Evan and Elliott's Mommy and Mom's daughter...I'm a lucky girl, to say the least!
Evan came and woke me up this morning with a big hug and kiss declaring that "Today is Mother's Day!" He immediately brought me a card and gift bag. Honestly, I can't imagine a better gift than being with the two little boys that made me a candidate to celebrate this day, but hey, I like presents! :-) Inside, I found an Itunes gift card, and this...
I'm pretty sure my boys had some help from Lesley on this one, but I love, love, love it!
After breakfast, we got ready to go to church with Mom. Since it was Mother's Day, I had a good excuse to dress my boys in matching outfits. Have I mentioned that I LOVE doing that?
I can't say enough wonderful things about my Mom. She is the one who taught me the true meaning of motherhood, and I try everyday that I live to be the kind of person that will make her proud. She's one of a kind, and I absolutely couldn't make it one day without her!
After church we took some pictures (before Evan had time to get out of his "handsome clothes" as he likes to call anything besides shorts and a t-shirt. :-)
3 of my most favorite people on the planet!
Mom and Dad with two of their favorite people on the planet!
My greatest blessings!
After church, we all went back to Mom and Dad's and had a wonderful lunch, courtesy of Shaun. We decided we would skip out on going out to eat due to the crowd, and really enjoyed just hanging out with our family. Mom left late in the afternoon to go to Nashville to see her other "grands," which gave us just enough time for a quick nap before we met Shaun's family at Cracker Barrell for dinner.

Jonathan, Sandy, Evan, Olivia, Ryan, Elliott, and Shaun
Granna and her "grands"
So, as you can see, we've had a busy, but wonderful Mother's Day! I hope yours was just as special!









10 comments:
Love your pictures! You have two handsome little boys. Beautiful necklace, too!
Your Mom certainly sets the bar high!
Your babies are lucky to have you as a Mom!
Glad you had a Happy Mother's Day! Loved the photos and the necklace...."Oh"...I need one of those too! We are so Blessed!
The necklace is gorgeous! Glad you had a great day! Your mom is truly a wonderful woman!!!!
Glad you loved the necklace! The family plate is next on this list I promise!
I'm sure your mom realizes this, but she did an absolutely fabulous job raising you to be a wonderful person!! Love you all and so glad that God blessed with such a great Mother's Day!
First of all....Carol, you look fabulous! Second, your boys are BEAUTIFUL! Great post! Happy Mom's Day!!
Your boys were dressed too cute on sunday. Loved the gingham shirts and matching sweater vest. Too sweet! You definately do have a great mom, she's awful special to me as well.
Cute kiddos! And I love the matching outfits!!!!!!! So cute! And you looked beautiful!!
Happy *late* mother's day!
I wish there were more brother sister combination outfits...:-( I love your boys! They are precious!
Post a Comment