Why is it that I love this mouse so much that I will pay thousands of dollars to visit him?
AND...
seeing this picture of a real mouse makes me want to vomit...literally?
How I wish I knew the answer!
This week has not been a great one at my house! Why? Is it because I've had to go back to work? Not really. Is it because Shaun has got to stay home with the boys while I've had to work? Not really! Then why? Because we have MICE! There. I said it! MICE! In fact, the grand total for the amount of mice Shaun has killed this week is at 3! Let me translate that for you...that means that there have been at least (God, please don't let there be more...PLEASE) 3 nasty, gross, furry rodents scurrying around the house in which my family calls home all while I'VE BEEN LIVING HERE! Seriously! I have a terrible, terrible fear of these critters. Maybe it stems from my mother's fear of mice. I'm not joking when I say that when we had a mouse in our house, Mom and I would pack our bags and move to Aunt Rhonda's until it was gone...No, I'm not kidding! We really did! So, fast forward twenty years, and I still want to pack my bags and leave home when the mere thought of one of these little monsters threatens me in my house! I just can't stomach the thoughts of such a nasty critter being in my otherwise clean house. It makes me feel dirty and violated and I hate it! Shaun says the explanation is that the field behind our house has been mowed and they don't have anywhere to live! Oh how I wish I had a family of cats living in my house...I'd rather not be able to breathe due to my severe cat allergy than have to live one more day with these stinkin' mice! I'm serioulsy considering calling an exterminator! I'd honestly pay $1,000 for them to be GONE!
Now, I realize that my fear is "stupid" as my loving husband likes to constantly remind me! But, it is very, very real...no matter how stupid! So, if you love me, please say a small prayer that the "family" of mice that has decided to move in with us is gone for good and that I will not have to run through my house or walk on the furniture any longer! Sigh!




11 comments:
I with you sister....Praying
I feel the same way, HATE the things!!
Carol, we've been dealing with a little of that too. A couple of days ago, early in the morning, we heard two sounds that resembled a mouse sound. I made Nathan an hour late for work and put 8 glue traps all around my kitchen. Haven't heard anything else but I'm still checking those traps every hour and everytime the ice maker makes a noise it makes my heart jump out of chest! So I have the same mouse fears you do!!
Yuck! Hope they are all gone!!!!! I hate them too.
Hate mice, but most of all hate the nasty mess they make. We had problems with a couple a few years ago. Andy figured out they were getting in around some kind of pipe connected to our air condition. I think he sprayed some foam insulation around the pipe and we haven't had a mouse since. We also keep a couple cats around outside. Hope you get rid of your mouse soon!! :)
Three!!!! Sounds like you need a cat.
Hopefully they are all gone now! I'm with you though....I'm scared to death of them:)
Oh my! I would die too!
Oh goodness! I pray your mice leave quickly. Thats funny about Mickey Mouse though. Hee!
I agree with you sister. I hate them too!! Good luck!
I hate them too! I couldn't help but LOL when you were talking about you walking on top of your furniture. Hopefully they will be gone soon!
Post a Comment