CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 20, 2011

February So Far...



I thought I'd update on what's been happening in February...so far.  On February 10th, Shaun celebrated his 32nd birthday!  He decided he didn't want to go out, but instead, picked a menu for me to cook.  I invited his parents and grandparents to help us celebrate.
Shaun and Evan with Shaun's favorite, Riley's cake.


Right as the flash went off, Shaun decided to be funny! :-)


Our Little Family

Shaun and his grandparents

Shaun and his parents

Evan was sick with a stomach bug on Valentine's Day, so he had to miss his party at school. Never fear though, he was able to take in his Valentines and homemade box the next day!

I have not one creative bone in my body. Thankfully, Lesley has lots of creative bones. She helped me think of this idea and Evan LOVED making his monster box! It turned out so cute!

And, lastly, I apparently have a memory problem! There. I said it.  Seriously! Back a few years ago, I was so "with it." I was always on time, always knew where everything was, always had my laundry done, always had everything organized. Fast forward to the present, and I'm just a mess most of the time! I mean, my house stays relatively picked up, my family looks good most of the time, we get where we need to be within a few minutes of when we're supposed to be there, but I'm just not "with it" anymore!  Here is a prime example.  Last Sunday was Macy's birthday party! Evan had been looking forward to this movie party for weeks! He couldn't wait to see Gnomeo and Juliet. I RSVPed and even offered to take Jarrett with me so Lera could rest on her  only day off.  However, Sunday morning I was sick and Shaun offered to take the boys so I could rest.  He called 30 minutes later to tell me that no one was at the theater.  Come to find out, the party was in Glasgow and I had sent my husband, son, and his buddy to Bowling Green!  What in the world?  The worst part is that I talk to Stephanie at least twice a day. How the fact that I was planning to go to Bowling Green for the party never came up is still a mystery.  Anyway, to redeem myself, I took Evan, Jarrett, and Macy to see Gnomeo and Juliet on Friday night!


...in 3D!
At the end of the night, none of them could remember that I ruined the party for them! They were all thrilled with our fun afternoon and thought I was the coolest mom ever! :-) I am SO GLAD that Evan has such great friends!

Hope everyone has a great week!

9 comments:

Brittany said...

Loving your update on February!! :)

Stephanie said...

Love the pictures....you are a good wife! Macy had a great time, thanks for inviting her!

Heather said...

I'm just glad I'm not the only one that's forgetful:)

The Browning's said...

My dear that is what happens when you have kids, atleast for me (and you) I thought you were talking about me for a minute....haha. Best I can remember all my memory was good and I was "with it" atleast until Clay, then it was gone almost immediately...

Shanna said...

Too funny!! I think most of us can relate!!

Wanda May said...

You will be fine...I promise you...and you always LOOK with it and that is the main thing that matters....miss you and your sweet family

Lesley said...

I am lovin' the picture of you and Shaun : )

Emily V. said...

Hee! Sounds like pregancy brain forgetting something like that! HA!

I was really agreeing with you when you said you used to have all your laundry caught up until I realized that will be a problem most likely if we ever have another kiddo. HEE!

Melissa said...

Next year, Shaun will have to join in on all our birthday celebrating...didn't realize his was so close to ours!