CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Evan's 7th Birthday Party

My sweet "big" baby boy celebrated his upcoming birthday with some of his classmates yesterday at Extreme Gymnastics in Glasgow.  This year the theme of the party was Super Mario since all Evan seems to think about is playing his beloved Wii and Nintendo DSi. :-)


In case you didn't notice in the picture above, Mrs. Donna Long completely outdid herself on Evan's cake this year! I wish I had taken a picture of his expression when we went in her house to get it!  It far exceeded either of our expectations, and, as I say every year, I think this is my favorite cake she's ever made for us! But, I have a sneaky suspicion that I'll be saying that again next year! :-)


Evan with some of his buddies


And again


Blowing out the candles


Opening one of his MANY gifts!  His friends were TOO good to him! :-)

Unfortunately, our party ended on a sour note! As we were loading the van AFTER the party, Evan told me that he wasn't feeling well. By the time we got him home, he was running a fever and his tonsils were covered in white spots!  We are home today with a confirmed case of strep after a visit to see Dr. Kniery! Looks like we'll be here again tomorrow! :-(

Elliott doesn't seem to mind that Evan isn't feeling well .He just sees it as an opportunity to snuggle with his idol! :-)  I figure it won't hurt! I'm sure we'll all have it before it's over with anyway!

And lastly...

looks like Grammy is going to make a reader out of Elliott afterall! :-)
(Notice the book is upside down. He doesn't seem to care!)

9 comments:

DeAnna said...

Happy Birthday to Evan!!! What a super cool cake! I will have to show these pictures to Isaac. He will think that is the neatest cake ever. He is very into Mario too :).

Stephanie said...

You are doing a good job blogging--positive reinforcement!ha! We had lots of fun at the party and the cake was super cute!

Jessica M said...

Hope Evan is much better for his "actual" birthday!!!!! =( Happy Birthday Evan!

Lesley said...

Happy birthday to sweet Evan!! And much thanks for the cake leftovers!!! Can't believe he's 7 now: (

April said...

Thanks for the invite. Olivia had a great time. Loved the cake, it was so creative. I admit I enjoyed it as much as Olivia getting to visit with friends. Hope Evan feels better! Olivia is lucky to have such a good class to grow up with.

Erica Simpson said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Evan! I can't believe he is 7!

Shanna said...

Happy Birthday Evan!! Love the cake!!

Melissa said...

Awesome cake! Love the reading picture:)

Emily V. said...

It breaks my heart that this little guy is already 7. I can so remember him being so little like it was yesterday. Hope you all are feeling better.