CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween 2008

Okay, anyone that knows me knows that I have a very A-typical personality. Meaning, I always, always, always have a plan (one of the things Shaun hates most about me). Not only do I always have a plan, I usually have a plan a, plan b, and plan c just in case one of my first two plans doesn't work out! So, having said that, let me get to the story! A few weeks ago, Shaun, Evan, and I were in Louisville for the weekend. We were in a Halloween store when Evan found a Thomas costume. We all know how much Evan loves Thomas, and despite the fact that it was the ugliest, most cheaply-made piece of material Shaun and I had ever seen, we gave in...this was his day, right? He should be happy! Fast forward to Friday afternoon at 4:00. We are getting his costume on and he begins to cry uncontrollably. He doesn't want to wear his Thomas costume because "people will waf (laugh) at me." This translates to: someone will say I'm handsome! He HATES that these days! So, being the mean Mom that I am, I insist that he has to wear it if he wants to go trick-or-treating. (I really wanted to scream I DON'T HAVE A PLAN B EVAN! I mean, after all, why would I need a plan b when he himself picked out this awful Thomas outfit in the first place!) Shaun on the other hand sees this as a perfect opportunity for us to not be seen in the horrific Thomas outfit and says, "Would you rather be a football player?" Hallelujah! We did have a plan b! Evan had gotten a UK Football uniform for Christmas and it was still in the box! He immediately agreed, and therefore Halloween 2008 was saved! It wasn't exactly as I had planned...after all, I would have had actual football socks and cleats if I had known this prior to Halloween Day, but Evan had a great time and ended up looking pretty cute, if I do say so myself! Here are a few pictures of our little football player!











15 comments:

Erica Simpson said...

He is a very handsome football player-dont tell him we said so!

Anonymous said...

He made a great UK football player!!!

Jessica M said...

Don't tell Evan, but he is a handsome UK football player!!!!

The Stice's said...

He looked great!!

DeAnna said...

So funny. Glad it all turned out all right!

Patty Ramsey said...

I love reading your posts...they crack me up! Tell Evan he makes a "cool UK football player". Looks like you all have had a great time so far this fall. I'm so happy for ya! Love ya'll!!

Stephanie said...

He is one cute UK football player!

Staffanne said...

Your plan B was perfect! Adorable!

Shanna said...

If all problems were so easliy solved, huh??? Adorable!!

Wanda May said...

tell him i would have been his cheerleader if only he would have let me!!!

Alicia Jane said...

So cute! That was a great Plan B!

Anonymous said...

Go Shaun! I will have to tell JD about this one! ha ha!

Evan looks like the sweetest football player I've ever seen!

The Browning's said...

he made a super football player!

Valerie said...

Funny story! He looks adorable.

Anonymous said...

So funnny! Ok, this tells me we have been super busy, b/c I haven't heard this story in person yet!