Well, we did it! We put our Christmas tree up! And, as always, there is a story! Let's begin. I was raised with a tree that had clear lights. Shaun, on the other hand, was raised with a tree of colored lights. This has been a source of great debate for us over our last 8 Christmases, but I, of course, have always won. This year Shaun was adiment that we have colored lights, and I figured I owed it to him, so I gave in. We have a prelit tree that has 800 clear lights on it, so we bought 800 more colored lights to add to the tree. Tonight, Shaun put all 800 colored lights on and had 2/3 of the tree left to decorate. Oops! So, I made a run to the Dollar Store (which stays open 'til 9, by the way) for more. Long story short, our Christmas tree now has 2, 400 lights on it. I'm pretty sure I can feel the heat coming off of it as I type this! If you hear the Chalybeate Volunteer Fire Department go out, you might want to come and see if our tree actually exploded! I joke, but that is my biggest fear. :-)
My ultimate goal in the colored lights was for my tree to look like the one as you go into Brownsville...you know, the one that has Santa beside it. I think that is the prettiest tree I've ever seen. I'm not sure that I've accomplished that, but I have to admit that the colored lights aren't all that bad! :-) After the tree was decorated, Evan and Shaun begged me to make monkey bread, our new favorite thing thanks to Kyle and Staffanne. Here is a picture of Evan helping me!

Christmas side note: Shaun has also bought 1,800 icicle lights and about 800 net lights to decorate the outside. From now on, you can just call us Clark and Ellen Griswald. Stay tuned for pictures of the outside...to be decorated next week! :-)
**Hope you like the new background! I thought I should delete the fall background since I had a picture of my Christmas tree! **


15 comments:
Your tree is BEAUTIFUL.. I love colored lights too! I can't wait to see the outside:)I bet Evan loves the tree.
So jealous, your tree is to die for!!! Love the new layout, I have a new Christmas layout, but my tree is not up yet!
The number of lights is staggering!!! Very pretty!!
Girl, you are so funny! Your tree looks great! We're going for colored lights this year after 7 years of clear. :)
I love your tree! Also, I love color lights as well; however, Daniel won this year..ha,ha. Have a great holiday season!
I love the tree. You might have a power outage in Chalybeate, but at least you'll have a beautiful tree! I like a bright tree. Clear or colored, they are both pretty.
Your tree is beautiful! I loved the story! Christmas memories...I love them all!
The tree looks beautiful! Shaun sounds a lot like Eric with the lights...it's great that they get into the Christmas spirit like that! Enjoy!
Your tree is beautiful. I also love colored lights and LOTS of them too!
Look sbeautiful! We just got home from Christmas shopping in Nashville! See you tonight!
Your tree looks soo pretty..I guess I will have to try colored lights next year..I stepped out a little with red and clear..lol..by the way I always look for the one in brownsville too..lol!!..:)
Looks great, of course we are waiting until Thanksgiving weekend! Evan was telling me about the tree, he was really excited! Ryan is wanting to go all out with outside decorations this year, so we will see!
I found your blog on Staffanne's and wanted to comment and let you know...We drove past your house tonight, and your tree looks beautiful from the road! I love lots of lights and usually mix clear and colored. (The tree in Brownsville is up, and I think it has more lights than ever!)
Natalie (Doyle) Vincent
Love the tree! It is taking me awhile to get mine up, but hopefully we will be done soon! Glad you guys like the monkey bread.
Your tree is beautiful! I love monkey bread too! hint-hint!!!
Love you!
Whit
Post a Comment