CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Miracle on Stice Street

I cannot even believe I am fixing to type this, but I have the most wonderful news to share with my blogging friends. WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!! Over the last year, we had really started to wonder if we'd ever be able to have another child, but thankfully, God has answered our prayer! I think Shaun said it best today when he said, "Miracle on Stice Street." We are due on October 8th and have nearly reached the 12 week mark. I really wanted to wait and tell at 12 weeks, but after two ultrasounds and getting to hear the heartbeat today (168 bpm by the way), we decided we couldn't keep our secret any longer. And, I didn't have the energy to try and round up something to wear for the next 6 days that would hide my growing "bump." To say that we are thrilled is the understatement of the century. I'm not sure there's ever been a baby that was wanted more than this one. Evan is so excited, but I am a little worried about how he will react if this baby happens to be a boy. He will not hear of it being anything but a "gwerl." Even when he says his prayers, he asks God to send us a "gwerl baby." :-) I'm not sure why he has this infatuation with a sister, but he does. I've tried to reiterate to him that God might see how much we love him and decide that we need another little boy just like him, but he always responds with, "No, God will give us a gwerl baby." So cute! I'm sure he will love either one just the same. Please help us pray for a healthy baby! As much as I want to hold and rock this little angel, I already love it enough to want the very best for it, including health and salvation. I know God is holding us in His hand and have complete faith that He will send us exactly what we need!

20 comments:

Jessica M said...

I am so happy and excited for you! I have tried to keep you all in my prayers because I knew how badly you wanted another baby! Who wouldn't want one with all the joy they bring to us???? We love you all so much and we will definitely continue praying for you. Congratulations!!!!!

Brooke said...

Tears are running down my face as I read this! I am so happy for you guys and I will be praying for you over the next few months! Congratulations!!

Wanda May said...

I agree with Evan...I think it is a gwerl...oh, do I get to help name it? lol Love you so much and from the bottom of my heart, if anyone deserves to be Mommy and Daddy all over again, it is you guys.
p.s. if you need some inside info, let me know.

DeAnna said...

Congratulations!!!! Sooo happy for you all. I guess you will find out sometime around the end of May/beginning of June what it is. I remember because Isaac's due date was the 12 of October (even though he didn't get here till the 21!!!).
Tell Evan that Isaac has found out little brothers are pretty fun to have around. But a gwerl would be great too! Congrats again!

Shanna said...

I am so happy for you all, a baby is such a blessing!!

jparsley said...

I am so so so happy for you! I can't wait to meet this baby. Evan is going to love being a big brother. I can't even begin to express how thankful I am for God's blessings for your family.

Aimee said...

Carol, your post is that of a wonderful mother! I'm really happy for you all!

Valerie said...

Carol, I am so so so happy for you! I LOVED your phone call today. I only wish our connection would have been clearer. God is so good and His timing is perfect. (Especially since we get to be pregnant together... yay!)
Congratulations sweet friend. Praying for you little peanut everyday.
Break out the maternity pants!!!

Lesley said...

So glad our days of bringing one another a pint of Ben & Jerry's to cry over is behind us!!! And sooo happy Ellie Claire is going to have this sweet new cousin to grow up with!!

Erica Simpson said...

I am crying again and I already knew! I am as happy as if it were my own! You are a wonderful Momma and Daddy already and I know Evan will be a wonderful brother to a girl OR boy! I am so exicted and I can't wait now to know what the sweetie is!

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

Carol, you and Shaun have waited so long and I know you couldn't be happier. Everyone knows that you guys are completely in love with Evan and are wonderful parents. I know it will be just as good with baby #2. We will be looking forward to October so we can meet this new angel.

Heather said...

Yay!!!! I am so happy for you (and Shaun and Evan.) I know how much you all wanted this and I'm so happy about your little "miracle." Mariah's here we come:)

Brittany said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY for you guys! What a little miracle! I will be praying for you and your little peanut! :)
Congratulations!

Love your long lost sister,
Brittany

Julie said...

Yay! I am so happy for your family!!

Anonymous said...

Jaxen can't wait to meet it! I am with Evan hoping that it is a "girwel" But I'm sure that a boy will be just as fun too!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandie said...

YAY!!! I'm really happy for you guys..however you did jump the gun on me..you know you were supposed to give me heads up..to plan together..lol!! Lots of love and....keep your maternity clothes...;)

Emily V. said...

I can't begin to tell you how happy our family is for your great news. Lord knows we've been praying for your little family for a while now. It's amazing how in God's perfect time he hears our prayers. We know you all are wonderful parents and will be nothing less for this next little pumpkin.

Stephanie said...

I can't even put into words how happy I am for your family. I can't wait to meet your precious new baby in October:) Love you and I'm really glad we have gotten closer over the past months! I am so lucky to have you as a friend!

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell you how happy and relieved I am for you and your family! God is so good! I am with Evan in thinking it is a gwerl as well, but I am praying for a healthy baby, whatever the gender may be! I love you and your precious baby on the way!

Lori said...

Congratulations Carol! That is such wonderful news! We are so happy for you and your family. You and your new sweet baby's health are in our prayers!