CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Elliott...in 3D

Hi everyone! Okay, first things first. We went for our 3d ultrasound yesterday and got to see our sweet Elliott! I couldn't believe how big he was! The last time we had an ultrasound (10 weeks ag0), his whole body fit on the screen at once. Yesterday, only his head could fit in the screen. It was amazing to lay there and watch him move and realize that this really is happening. You'd think I'd know that by now, but I swear, this is still all so amazing to me, that sometimes I can't believe that it's really happening. She got the best profile picture of him. Right after this, he turned toward us and opened his mouth...precious! Have I mentioned that I can't wait to hold him?


When she started to switch to 3d, she told us that only one in four get a good 3d ultrasound because the baby has to be face up and there has to be a fluid pocket in front of the face for it to work exactly as it should. As you can guess, Elliott was face up, but the fluid pocket wasn't where she wanted it to be. She was only able to get partial shots of his face. She was highly disappointed about this, but Shaun and I were still thrilled with what we were able to see. We never got to have a 3d ultrasound with Evan, so this was all very new to us. I don't have a scanner at home, so with some coaching from Lesley, I took a picture of the picture to put on here. You can see fingerprints and a little glare, but hopefully you can also see my handsome little guy. In this picture, he is actually smiling! I know, doesn't that just melt your heart?
Elliott is already in position and appears to be measuring about a week ahead, so he will be here in 10 weeks (or less). I can't believe it! The good news is, the rooms are coming right along. Shaun painted Evan's new room last night and the floor is being put down Monday, so hopefully by next weekend Evan's room will be complete and then I can start working on getting Elliott's ready. His will just be a matter of getting the crib down, and baby-proofing it all again!
I can't blog without saying something about Evan. He is really getting excited about school starting. I hope he stays that excited when he realizes that he has to go to bed and get up early! He's also getting more excited about Elliott's arrival. He kisses my belly a lot and loves to feel him moving. I can't wait to watch my boys together! Hopefully they'll grow up to be the best of friends!
Finally, I'm not sure if you know it or not, but I have a new job! If we are close friends and you hadn't heard that, please don't hate me! I've only known for a week, and I have lived at school since! I am the new Curriculum Coordinator for South Edmonson. I will be working with all students on assessment, and closely with teachers on what is being taught, assessed, etc. I am VERY nervous about this transition, but also very excited! It was one of the toughest choices I've ever had to make. Room 203 has been my "home away from home" for 7 years, and it wasn't easy to walk out of that room, or to realize that I wouldn't have my own class this year. But, I also realize that it's so easy to get in a rut, and I don't want to be that teacher that always does the same thing because that's what's easiest to do. I will return to teaching at some point, but I think this opportunity is one that will only make me a better teacher when I'm ready to go back to the classroom!
Okay, that's it for now. I've got to get busy on laundry and cleaning the house. We're taking Evan to see G-Force tonight! :-) I hope all of my dear blogging friends have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I absolutely love the profile shot!! It is so good to see the baby and know things are okay.

I am so bummed about kindergarten getting started. I know that the kids will be in WONDERFUL hands, but it really is breaking my heart!

Thanks so much for being so supportive and reassuring to me! I appreciate it more than you will ever know!

Wonderful post!

Heather said...

Amazing pictures!! That is so sweet how he's smiling. Your giving Evan such a special gift by giving him a sibling. You will find that it's so precious to watch them play together, (fight together), and then play together more. I wouldn't trade my two boys for the world.

Aimee said...

Wow - 10 weeks?! That's not long at all! So excited for you!

Erica Simpson said...

I am so happy for your new job and your sweet babies being so healthy and happy!

Brittany said...

What a miracle of miracles!! That precious baby boy is so loved already - he just can't stand it! And to see his BEAUTIFUL little face! Ah! It makes me want to cry. I love the fact that he is smiling - he's saying, 'Don't worry Mommy, I'll be in your arms soon!"

Again, congrats on your new position! I knew you will be GREAT!! What a wonderful year it is going to be! :)

Whitney said...

I loved the pictures! I can't wait to meet sweet Baby Elliott. I don't know what you will do with two sweet boys like Evan and Elliott! I'm so proud of you on your new job! Miss you!

Love,
Whit