CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

I LOVE a good bargain!

Hi guys! I got the best bargain this morning and just had to tell you about it! :-)

For some crazy reason, I can't sleep anymore. Last night I fell asleep somewhere around midnight and I was bright eyed again at 4 a.m. GRRRR!! Anyway, to help with my insomnia, I figured there was no better way to waste time than to look around online. I've been tossing around the idea of getting a new carseat/stroller combo for Elliott. I loved my Graco Quattro system that I had with Evan and I still have it, but it's pretty worn and honestly, I just wanted a new one, but hated to pay $250 for one. So, anyway, I was looking on Babies R Us this morning when I found a Graco Quattro Travel System that was listed for $99.98. Since I was wanting to be asleep at this time, I figured I was seeing things, so I looked again. Sure enough, $99.98. I start reading the description, figuring that even though the title says travel system, it must only be the stroller. Nope. The description says stroller, carseat, and base included. I was still skeptical. I thought I'd add it to my cart and see what the shipping would cost...that had to be where they were going to get me. Nope. A little box popped up that said I had qualified for free shipping! At this point, I know I've missed something, so I go back into the site to look it up again. It was still $99.98, but this time I notice a little icon that says "Take 15% off." Surely it won't let me do that, I'm thinking. But, I was wrong again. It did! So, now I have this $250 stroller in my cart and it has been reduced to $84.96 with free shipping! YAY! Needless to say, I had to fumble around in the dark kitchen trying to get Shaun's debit card out of his wallet without waking anyone, but managed to order this awesome stroller/carseat set for nearly 60% off!


I must say that finding this bargain makes me feel like my friend Alicia. She's always finding the best bargains! Yay for me! Okay, that's all. Just had to share!



10 comments:

Alicia Jane said...

WOW! You go girl!! I am so proud of you! :) Not only did you get an awesome deal it is beautiful as well!! The bargain hunter is in all of us and you did awesome!! :)

Shanna said...

What a great deal on a very "handsome" stroller!!!

Lesley said...

I am so excited about your bargain!

However, your text at 6 a.m. to call you as soon as I could completely flipped me out!

Emily V. said...

That's awesome. Katie got hers seems like for like $200. So you really got a deal. I guess it pays not to sleep huh!

Stephanie said...

Yeah Carol...another thing crossed off the list:) Now if you could just get a deal on your hardwood flooring!

Chasity said...

Wow!! I am very impressed I love love finding good deals like that. It almost makes you feel like it would be a crime not to buy it.

Lori said...

Oh my goodness! That is awesome! I live for a good deal and that is one of the best ever!

Sarah said...

Loved the post. You are so funny!

Brittany said...

So proud of you! Way to go!! You'll have to find a coupon for me in the winter for a double stroller!!

Miss you!
I need to see that baby bump - pictures please!!!

Terri A. Stice said...

Wow! Sounds like one of those door buster sales the day after Thanksgiving! Acutally it sounds better than one of those door buster sales because you didn't have to leave your house!