We had a wonderful weekend! On Friday, Shaun and I took Evan and his best buddy, Jarrett, to see Thomas the Train: Live on Stage in Nashville. We've had the tickets forever, and I'm usually more-than-organized when it comes to things like this. We left in plenty of time to park downtown, walk to and eat at the Spaghetti Factory, and then make it back to the Sommet Center in plenty of time to take pictures and use the bathroom before the show started! We picked Jarrett up at 3:30 and made it all the way to US Bank on Louisville Road before I realized that I HAD FORGOTTEN THE TICKETS AT HOME!!!!!!!!! The pregnancy brain has finally set in; I'm just not as "with it" as I once was. Thankfully, I'm married to a wonderfully understanding husband, so he didn't even yell at me as he had to turn around and drive all the way back home to get the tickets. Thankfully, we had built in enough extra time that we still had time to stop and eat at Chick-fil-A before heading downtown to park and go straight to the show!
I wish I had a picture of the boys' faces when they saw Thomas for the first time. They both almost fainted! It was just priceless. The show really was cute. There were lots of music and dancing, but the best part was, of course, the engines themselves. Thomas, Percy, James, Gordon, Trevor, Harold, and Cranky were all there, along with Sir Topham Hatt. Evan could not have been more thrilled! I'm so glad we had the opportunity to take him to something he loved so much. His little face was worth every single penny that we spent to take them!
Gordon, James, Percy, and Thomas!
Evan and Jarrett! There was a very strict, "You MUST hold someone's hand at all times when we get out of this car" rule! A special thanks to Aunt Stacy for their cute shirts!
By the way, for all you sports buffs out there, Eddie George (former Titans player) and his wife, Taj (former Survivor contestant) came in and sat in front of us! Shaun was so excited to see Eddie George. I was more excited to see Taj! :-) I took this picture of Eddie during intermission. Taj had gone to the concession stand, so I didn't get one of her. The funniest part was that I was trying to be very inconspicuous about taking it, but he looked straight at me the minute my camera flashed! :-) Oh well, I'm sure I'll never see him again!
On Saturday, I got to have lunch with my dear friend, Rose. Rose and I taught 4th grade together until she and her husband moved to Somerset. Now they live in Jackson, Tennessee and it had been many months since we'd actually seen each other. We talk on the phone or Facebook often, but there's just nothing to replace a face-to-face chat, and best of all, a hug! We both LOVE Shogun, so we met there! I thought they were going to have to kick us out before we were finally finished talking!

So, as you can see, we had a busy weekend, but it was so much fun! Add church in on Saturday night and Sunday, baptizing Sunday afternoon, and prayer meeting Sunday night, and it really seems busy! :-) The best part of it all...spending it with my two (almost 3) favorite guys! I don't know what it is, but I swear, I love them more every single day!
**Side Note: I LOVE my new camera! There was no flash photography allowed at the Thomas show, and it still took great pictures! Just wanted to throw that in.**



7 comments:
Carol, Steve McNair is the ex-Titan who was murdered on July 4th.
Looks like Jarrett & Evan had a big day! I remember what a big Thomas fan Evan is!
Rose looks great - hope you guys had a good time!
Okay, sorry! I kept calling him Steve McNair that night. It was Eddie George. I think I've fixed it now! Remember, pregnancy brain! :-)
Gosh you have been busy! NO wonder we missed our Cracker Barrell dinner this week. Your pictures are great....I'm glad you love your new camera (since it's my fault you had to get a new one:)
Camera talk makes me HAPPY!!! What did you end up with?
Jessica, I got a Sony H20 (It's a 10 megapixel, 10x zoom). I'm sure it's not nearly as fancy as yours but it does all I need it to do. It's a lot like Lesley's. I'm loving it!
Glad you had a great trip. BTW, don't rely too heavily on the pregnancy brain excuse because after the baby is born it sometimes never goes away. Not that I do crazy things like that or anything. I'm just saying...
I'm sure the boys had a great time. My boys have never been in to Thomas but Jarrett had them watching a movie when we were there a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad your feeling good enough to do all this running. Sounds like a you had a great weekend.
Post a Comment