CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Girls' Day Out

Today, I got the great honor of spending the afternoon and evening with my Mom and sister. It's crazy to think how very special these two are to me, and how very little time we get to spend together, just the three of us. A couple of weeks ago, I was searching the Internet and noticed that Manheim Steamroller, Mom's most favorite musical group, was coming to Nashville today. I immediately called Jen and told her that we had to get tickets and take Mom as part of her Christmas. She was in agreement and Mom was very excited when I told her the news. She was even more excited tonight as we sat and watched the concert. I knew we had scored extra points when she turned to me during the first song and said, "I think I'm going to cry." My sister-in-law, Lucy, was so wonderful to watch my boys while we went to the concert, and then afterward all of us girls (and Elliott) enjoyed a nice dinner at Calhoun's. It was so great to get to spend some time with the girls in my family!

The above picture isn't that great, but it was the best we could do considering my camera went dead and our only option was a cell phone. Mom kept apologizing to Jen and me for making us sit through a concert that she knew was all for her benefit. The truth is that it was my pleasure to do something for my mom. I know that most people think their mom is the best, but I honestly think I was lucky enough to truly have THE BEST mom in the world. I have never met anyone that has anything negative to say about her. And, I can honestly say that she has always been my role model as a Christian, a mother, and a friend. Mom, I hope you had a wonderful time tonight, but more than that, I hope you can always be as proud that I am your daughter as I am that you are my mom! I love you!!!!

8 comments:

Staffanne said...

Awww...so sweet! I feel the same way about my mom...can't imagine my life without her! Glad you girls had a wonderful day!

Lesley said...

What a nice time! It does sound like a special evening:) And I agree that your mom is super wonderful too!!

Erica Simpson said...

Your Momma is that wonderful! I just love her so much too! Glad you girls got to sepnd time together!

Emily V. said...

I totally agree, your momma is definately the best! Sounds like so much fun. You should take her to see the Rocketts too. Such fun!

Heather said...

So sweet!!

The Stice's said...

Looks like a great night!

Melissa said...

Gee, your posts have developed a habit lately of making me teary eyed! Sounds like a wonderful time! I think, per Emily's comment, we should plan a BIG Girls Night Out to see the Rockettes!!

Aimee said...

Awesome! Sounds like a great night!