CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun...

Elliott turned two months old on Sunday. I knew that his two month check-up was today, so I held off on my post until I could give you the details of his doctor visit. I am happy to report that Elliott is growing like a little weed. Today he weighed in at 14 pounds and 3 ounces, and was 23 3/4 inches long. That means that in two months, he has almost doubled his birth weight and grown nearly 4 inches. I have to admit that some days I feel like all I do is nurse my sweet baby boy, but on days like today, when I find out that he's healthy and growing so well, I secretly feel like Super Woman! :-)

I have included some pictures that I've taken over the last few days. My baby is already 9 weeks old, and I just can't wrap my mind around that at all! Where has the time gone? It seems like when I'm working the weeks go by so slowly, but, when I'm home, they fly by! Part of me just wants to push the pause button so I can enjoy this time even longer. I'm trying to convince Shaun to let me quit working, but I do like having a house and food to eat, so I guess I'll go back to school after Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my job and know that I'm very lucky to have such a great place to work. I just love being home with my baby a little more! :-)




And now, on to my monthly letter to my precious boy.

Elliott,
You are now two months old. How in the world have two months already passed? I can honestly say that in the past two months, our family has become even more of a family than we were before. It seems that your arrival has completed us.

During the last couple of weeks, your personality has really started to come out. You are somewhat temperamental, meaning that you want what you want when you want it! I'm not sure who you get that from! :-) You've also started to smile and coo, especially at your Mommy! I absolutely LOVE the fact that you know my voice, and that when you hear it, you turn toward it, and either start smiling, or crying harder to indicate that you want me to pick you up! You are also starting to sleep for longer periods of time at night, which I am greatly enjoying. You absolutely HATE your carseat. You do seem to be getting a little better at this, but you and I can't seem to make it all the way to Bowling Green by ourselves without having to pull over to calm you down. On the bright side, you are a pretty good shopper. As long as your belly is full, you are more than willing to let me browse the mall or Target. (I know from experience with Evan that this will not last long, so I'm enjoying it while I can.) You are also starting to enjoy your bath more all the time. You kick and laugh now instead of screaming! One of your favorite things is your big brother. You think he is so funny, but I doubt seriously that you love him as much as he loves you. He thinks you are the best and tries to tell you that anytime he can! You are also quite fond of your daddy, who feels the same about you! You have finally started to like your swing, your bouncy seat, and looking at your mobile. This is helping me tremendously. Now I can actually take a shower without listening to you cry! :-) So, as you can see, this month has proved to be very exciting for you...and for me!

During this next month, we will celebrate Thanksgiving and really start gearing up for Christmas. One thing is for sure, our family has a whole lot to be thankful for this year, and you, my sweet baby boy, are at the top of the list!

I love you ALWAYS!
Mommy



12 comments:

Wanda May said...

You make me so weepy. Tell little E that I love him much

Brittany said...

ahhhhh, how sweet. words that he will treasure!! i can't believe how big he has gotten - you are SUPER woman! way to go!! :) proud of you!

hey, don't forget go leave me your email address on my latest post, i'll add you to the readers list.

Briana said...

He is adorable! Congrats on the beautiful, healthy, boy. :)

The Stice's said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the sweetest things I've ever read! I know exactly what you mean about being tempted to stay at home with your baby, even though you love your job. I felt the same way about Preston...and still do every time I leave him crying after me in the mornings! It sounds like Elliott is growing perfectly! I can't wait to hold him again. Love and miss ya!

Emily V. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily V. said...

You are super woman! So glad he's doing so well. Could eat him up.

Staffanne said...

It sure does fly by! I told you that you could do it...breastfeeding is a very hard thing for mama to do, but it is so rewarding! Elliott sure does have a wonderful family to grow up in, and I am sure he will treasure these words forever.

April said...

So sweet. I love the letter!

Anonymous said...

definately not the post a 36 week preggo woman should read! With tears flying....that is the sweetest post ever! I wish I had the chance to love on little guy more! Love you guys! He is a doll baby!

Erica Simpson said...

Crying again...how many times can I cry with you this month?? Love you!

Melissa said...

I'm loving these letters!!! I have tears in my eyes that are on the verge of spilling over...
I'm so glad that God blessed you with such a precious baby boy. He is adorable! I love you all!!