CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 15, 2010

Not Me Monday

Okay, so Lesley inspired me to do my own "Not Me Monday" since my day was almost as bad as hers! :-)

The Stice Family's 3 week hiatus from sickness did not come to a screeching end on Saturday night!

I did not have to miss yet another day of work today to take Evan to the doctor.

Of course, I didn't wait in the sick waiting room at the pediatrician's office for over an hour with both of my kids today before being seen by the doctor on call.

Evan did not test positive for strep today...that would just be too much for us to handle right now!

I did not have to stop at Sonic for a Route 44 sweet tea exactly 10 minutes after eating lunch because I was in "sweet tea withdrawal."

I did not have to call the carhop back to my car after she delievered my tea because she brought me unsweet tea instead; and I didn't gag from the big sip of unsweetened tea that I had just drank!

There's absolutely no way I would've spilled an entire bottle of Evan's hot pink Amoxicillan in the middle of my kitchen floor after giving him his first dose. I'm way too smart than to think that I put the cap on a bottle of medicine only to realize that I actually hadn't at the exact moment that it hit the floor! And, I would never think horrible, awful thoughts while on my hands and knees trying to clean up the awful mess that it left on the bottom half of the entire kitchen...not me!

I didn't have to call the girl at CVS because I was panicking over whether my kid would have medicine to take!  And, she most definitely didn't tell me to quit panicking! :-)

Most importantly, there is no way that this sweet baby is 6 months old today! It couldn't possibly be!  There's no way that my heart could've doubled its capacity for loving another person that long ago! 

 And, lastly, there is no way that I'm going to bed at 9:00 on a Monday night! :-) 

This was all in fun...things could be WAY worse! Have a happy week!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a sweet picture....hope tomorrow is a much better day:)

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am so sorry you've had such a terrible day! If it makes you feel any better, I missed you today! For once, I'm sure you would have rather been at work than at home! Take care of your little man. I hope the Stice family will be back on the mend soon!

Heather said...

I've heard of lots of "not so good" days today. Must be something in the water:o) Hope tomorrow is better!

Lesley said...

Ha ha!!! What days we've had!!

Did you seriously gag about the unsweet tea bit? : )

Hope to see you in the morning!

DeAnna said...

I've had the same thing happen with the unsweetened tea! Yuck.
Sounds like a crazy day. Hope things are better soon.

Melissa said...

I really hate that your Monday went that bad!! Hopefully, the rest of your week proves to be better... Love you!!