We celebrated Evan's 6th birthday on Tuesday, March 9th! Really, can he already be 6 years old? Is it possible that it has been 6 whole years since I landed my dream job...being a mommy? Apparently it has been. If the 17 1/2 hour labor wasn't enough to jog my memory, the birth certificate makes it official. March 9, 2004 was one of the very best days of my life, as it brought with it the most wonderful little boy that I might have ever met! He finds a way each and every day to make me fall more in love with him, and I'm so fortunate to have a baby that is also one of my very best friends!
Okay, enough with the sappy! We hadn't had a "real" birthday party for Evan since he turned 3, so we decided to go all out this year! Evan thought and thought and decided he wanted to have a bowling party!
So, on Sunday, March 7th we met some of Evan's friends at Southern Lanes. He got LOTS of neat gifts!
The birthday boy in action!
He even had a bowling cake!
We also celebrated some more on Evan's actual birthday!
Evan's name got announced in front of the whole school because it was his birthday!
He also had Sponge Bob cupcakes with his classmates!
And got a special birthday hug from our favorite Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Lesley!
Since it was Evan's birthday, he also got to pick where he wanted to eat that night! Guess where he picked...Shogun!
Papaw, Grammy, Granddad, and Uncle Jonathan met us there too!
There was another girl celebrating her birthday at the table beside us, so they sang to both of them at the same time!
And, as if all of that wasn't enough to celebrate turning 6...
Evan also lost his 4th tooth on his birthday!
As I tell Evan every night at bedtime, I don't know how I got so lucky to be his Mommy! :-)
What a wonderful day!












10 comments:
It looks like Evan had one great birthday! He definitly is one sweet little boy who we all love!
Now that a lot of celebrating!
I'm so glad I got to be with Evan on his birthday! He IS such wonderful child with the sweetest little personality ever. He was so funny at school when we changed his name to birthday boy for the day - he played right along : )
Happy Birthday Evan! He is such a sweetie and so hilarious sometimes with the things he says!
HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY EVAN :)
Happy birthday, Evan. They grow up way too fast! :)
WOW! Looks like he had a fantastic birthday. He really is a sweet child that makes me smile everytime he's near. Love you all!
Happy Birthday Evan!!
Happy Birthday Evan. Looks like his bowling party was blast. It's hard to believe he's 6. I remember him being so little. Love him.
It is so hard to believe Evan is 6 years old! It looks like he had a great birthday and made some memories to cherish for a lifetime!
Happy late Birthday Evan!! Looks like a great birthday celebration!! He is such a handsome little boy!!
Post a Comment