CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Babies are Growing So Fast

Can you believe that this sweet baby is 9 months old already?

I certainly can't!  If you read my blog very often, you can see that I am VERY far behind on my monthly posts about Elliott!  Sigh!  The end of school was very busy, and to be quite honest, having two kids keeps me on my toes...I just ran out of time! But, I'm out of school now, so I'll try to catch you up!  (By the way, it's after midnight, and I'm not feeling very sentimental, so I'll keep this post tear-free.)

Elliott turned 9 months old on June 15th.  I took him for his 9 month check up last week and he weighed 20 pounds and 6 ounces (58th percentile) and was 29 3/4 inches long (75th percentile.)  He is such a big boy!  He is wearing 12 months clothes and 18 months are in the very near future!  He has two teeth at the bottom and his top two teeth are almost through.  He has started crawling today, though he's been able to get anywhere he's wanted to go for the past couple of days by scooting, rolling, and moving backwards.  He is wearing size 3 diapers and loves any toy that he can chew on.  Bathtime is still one of his favorite times of the day.  Another imporant milestone from this month includes drinking from a sippy cup and learning to suck from a straw! YAY!  He has also started eating more and more table food, and I'm pretty sure I should own some sort of stock in Gerber Puffs and Cheerios.  Elliott truly believes if we are eating something, he should eat it too! And, he is impossible to fill up! :-) 

The best part about Elliott is his awesome personality. He never meets a stranger. I've already decided that this is a blessing and a curse.  It's like he's on a mission to make eye contact with everyone he meets. Once he does, he flashes his sweet smile at them and then cocks his head to the side (like he's being shy) and he has an instant buddy!  Seriously...people I don't know ask to hold him all the time!  Sigh!  Oh well. I do like that he's so social! Where on Earth could he have gotten that?

Elliott is growing more and more fond of his big brother all the time!  I just love watching them together! The bond they have makes me want a house full of kids...too bad they're so expensive!  Ha!

Speaking of big brother...we can't have a post without mentioning Evan!
Can you believe my oldest baby is 6 years old?

 I certainly can't!  Evan has grown in to a wonderful little boy! He is so well-mannered and caring! That's one of my most favorite things about him! He also had a check-up last week! He weighed in at 52 pounds (62nd percentile) and was 4 feet tall (75th percentile).  I'm VERY thankful for two wonderful, healthy boys!  I am blessed beyond measure!

Happy Wednesday!

13 comments:

Emily C said...

Your babies are precious! I am glad I am one of those people who gets to hold Elliott! :) It gives me great pleasure to hold such a precious baby boy! Love you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe how big your babies are getting! They are both so sweet. You have a lot to be proud of. Enjoy every second with them this summer!

Anonymous said...

Your boys are precious! Wouldn't it be perfect if we could just freeze time? I would have pushed pause a while back! :-) Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love hanging out with BOTH of your boys....they are so fun! I love having conversations with Evan and I love holding Elliot! They are both so wonderful and I know you are proud of both of them. Thanks for sharing them with us :)

Lesley said...

I can't wait to see Elliott crawl! Hope he's feeling better today!

jparsley said...

Two of my favorite boys!

Jessica M said...

Your boys are so sweet! I can't believe Elliott is already 9 months old! I would be proud to have two precious boys like yours!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I can't believe Elliott is already 9 months old! Love the pictures and your sweet boys!

The Alexander Family of 4! said...

Okay 3van is 1 foot away from being taller than me and he is in the first grade!! Gosh I'm short! Such sweet boys! Boys are the greatest!

Alicia Jane said...

Sweet post sweet boys!! Evan is a sweet young man and that Elliott tugs on my heart strings. Having two boys is a wonderful blessing I know that!!

Erica Simpson said...

Time really does fly! They are precious!

Melissa said...

Ok...don't think I will be able to contain myself when I see Elliott crawl:) Can not believe 9 months have passed so quickly!! Love both your boys to pieces and their mommy too!