I guess on this day I have really been thinking about how good God has been to me. I'm so thankful that he gave me such wonderful parents, who still (at the ripe age of 28) have my back no matter the circumstance. I hope when Evan is 28 he can say the same about Shaun and me! I am also thankful for a wonderful husband and father to my precious baby and for good in-laws that truly love me as if I were their own! Last but not least, I'm thankful for the great men in my life that are absolutely no blood relation to me...namely my "Uncle" Jerry and Buddy. These two men are just like fathers to me and I'm so grateful for our relationships. I'm not sure what I did to deserve such blessings, but I am especially thankful for all of them!
Mom and Terri have a GRREC meeting in Lexington Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, so Alison and I have decided to take the kiddos and tag along. We plan to do some swimming, shopping, and of course ,eating! :-) I hope you all have a wonderful week. I'll post when we get back!
Evan and his number one fan, Papaw!
Evan and Aunt Jen



6 comments:
OMGoodness.... I went to Red Lobster today too! Wow!!!
Love your post and tribute to your hubby.
Yes. Major resemblance going on in the Duvall family!
When you get back from Lexington, please call me so we can get together!
CAROL! I am in tears after that!
What a nice post! We all have so much to be thankful for!
Love you!
Erica
Okay, great post! It is definitely a tear jerker!!!!
Love,
Jessica
I have just as much to be thankful as you, but of course I let so much bother me. The Lord knows my heart and he knows that I am thankful, but how do I show him? I love you Carol Ann, and even tho I am old enough to be your Momma, you put me to shame. You are such a role model. Pray for me, I love you.
I know exactly what you mean. I am so thankful for exactly where God has placed me and for the wonderful people he put in my life. That song we sing at church, "Show me where you brought me from, and where I could have been..." seems to be my life's theme song. We are so blessed!
I love the photos and you're right...It's hard to hide the relationship between the Duvall Clan!
Post a Comment