CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Evan is Officially a Big Boy...

Today is a very special day in the Stice house. Earlier I got a very special phone call from Mrs. Lesley. After she assured me that everything was fine, she put my favorite Kindergartener on the line. He had very important news to share...."Mommy, I learned (wearned) to tie my shoes today!" My response, "What? Who taught you?" (We've been working on this very hard at home, and have had no luck yet.) Why didn't I know the answer, "Mrs. Lesley!" Just another reason that she is the best teacher alive! Thanks Lesley!

In the last few months Evan's learned to shower by himself, sleep in his bed with no coaxing, put his coat on alone, and now, the last step in becoming a big boy...tying his shoes! We are so proud of the big boy he's becoming!

When he got home, he had to show me how he could do it. After we called Daddy, Grammy, and Papaw, he asked me the sweetest question...."Mommy, now that we've told everybody, will you put this on your web?" I'm thinking that's what he calls my blog. So, here you go everyone. Here is the proof that my baby boy is officially a big boy.





13 comments:

Aimee said...

Way to go Evan! We are working on that with Ethan, too! :)

The Stice's said...

Yay for Evan! He is such a big boy now! Olivia was super excited and wanted to know if she could learn now! :)

Lesley said...

Carol, you make me cry : ) He is becoming so independent but I can't take any credit - he's just growing up on us!

My favorite part of watching him tie is how he bites his tongue the entire time! : )

Heather said...

Way to go Evan!

Stephanie said...

Yeah Evan! Way to go!

Erica Simpson said...

That is so sweet Carol! What a big boy!

The Browning's said...

Great Job Evan, we are so proud of you! Love-Mark, Audrey and Clay

Wanda May said...

Love the pictures...tell Evan I have him a little something...sending it by his Grammie

Anonymous said...

Wow, Evan! I am so proud of you! You are such a big boy! You're going to be able to teach your little brother lots of neat things when he gets bigger!

Melissa said...

I've smiled over this "big boy" event several times this afternoon. He is such a cutie! And, I agree with Lesley--I love how he sticks his tongue out.

Emily V. said...

Way to go Evan, that is such a big accomplishment. He's getting way too big too fast. Tell him Emmy loves him.

DeAnna said...

Congrats Evan!! That is great. Maybe you can help teach Isaac :).

Staffanne said...

Way to go Evan! Hallie was so proud too!