CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

29 and Holding...

Today was my 29th birthday. I think I am officially getting old, because I wasn't all that excited about this birthday...and I usually am. However, I know the alternative to growing older, so I'm all about aging gracefully! :-) This morning my two favorite guys woke me up with cards and a gift. They bought me a bracelet that holds pictures. I LOVE IT! (I have an idea that my dear friend Lesley helped Shaun with this idea.) Then, we all get ready and drove to Nashville. First, we ate at Olive Garden (my favorite) and then shopped at Rivergate and Opry Mills. Poor guys. They took it like champs. At one point Evan did tell me that he didn't "wike gwerl birfdays anymore." How sweet. To help turn the day into a little something more than shopping for Mommy, we decided to go bowling while at Opry Mills. Evan had a BLAST (and so did Shaun and I.) Finally we headed back to BG and met my wonderful parents for dinner at Cracker Barrell. We are all tuckered out, but I've had a wonderful birthday! Only 364 days until I'm 30. YIKES! Where has the time gone? :-)


My sweet baby, the best gift ever!

Can you tell that Evan took this picture? :-)

Evan and Mommy at Macy's (waiting for Daddy).


Evan bowling.

20 comments:

Patty Ramsey said...

Happy Birthday Carol!! Glad you all had such a fun day! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

my 29th was in Oct. and I don't wait to think about the countdown to 30 :)

Wanda May said...

Many more happy birthdays to you.

Staffanne said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday! I think Evan is a great photographer:) By the way 29 is not that old....I'm almost 35 but I still feel 29...that's all that matters:)

Emily V. said...

Sounds like so much fun. Happy Birthday. We love you guys.

Shanna said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope your New Year is great!!

Lesley said...

I'm with Stephanie - turning 30 isn't so bad. Just live in denial like me becuause I swear I still think I look 20 something!!

You forgot to tell me you went bowling too! No wonder you were so tired last night!

The Stice's said...

Looks like you had a great day! Thirty isn't that bad, and at leaast Shaun gets to do it first! :)

Brooke said...

I thought of you yesterday.....you, Meagan, and Angie Summers share the day! Where did the time go?? I am dreading hitting 29 in January! Happy Birthday!

Jessica M said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had the best birthday ever!

Erica Simpson said...

Happy Birthday~!
ANd 30 isn't all bad! :)

DeAnna said...

Looks like a really fun birthday! Thought it was really funny that Evan doesn't think he likes "gwels" birthdays! lol Happy Birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great birthday! It sounds (and looks) like you did! It was good seeing you at Marty and Stephanie's on New Years Eve. Hope you guys have a great 2009!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like Shaun and Evan made the day very special. (Even if Evan doesn't like "gwels" birthdays anymore!)

Anonymous said...

I have a little something for your birthday! I told your mom Wednesday that I felt like an aweful friend. I thought your B-Day was the 30th. Sorry!!!!!! Jaxen can't wait to wish you a happy birthday! I am so glad you guys had a good time!

Valerie said...

Glad you had a fantastic day with your two boys. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a good birthday. Shane will be celebrating his 29th soon too!

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

Happy late Birthday. Love the picture of you and Evan. So sweet!!

Brittany said...

Happy Late B-day!
I know how it feels....I'm 29 too! 30 is getting closer and closer -but, like you, I have 2 of the greatest boys in my life.....wouldn't want to be any younger if it meant not having them in my life!!